Question Pork Loin

Hi Guys,
    Grilling a whole pork loin today.
    I can go direct, indirect or side.
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    Ephesians 2:8,9

grill it!

seriously, throw it on the "baw bee" rotate ocassionally to prevent charring. Most Important - Must have a way to measure internal temp of the thickest part of the loin. This is absolutely essential for proper results. I personally have a stainless probe that connects to a digital thermometer/clock/alarm device. You can also go to the local grocer and get the one time use plastic pop meat thermometers. they are cheap and work well. get the meat to 155'f-160'f internal temp minimum, but don't exceed 170'f. once temp is achieved, must let it sit for 5-7 minutes to let it finish making its magic! then have at it! enjoy an extremely tasty and moist --tender loin! seasoning is all you!!

yumm

haha i could use some ill stop by

I would grill it as well. I've always cooked mine like Badbillr explained. Just don't overcook it, and it'll be great.

Rub is down with soy sause. Sprinkle it with corriander. Pack it with slices of unskined apple and chucks of pineapple. Wrap it all up in aluminum foil and slow cook it on the grille. Turn every so often.

Use a meat thermometer to ck for doneness. Like said above. don't over cook it.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Rub is down with soy sause. Sprinkle it with corriander. Pack it with slices of unskined apple and chucks of pineapple. Wrap it all up in aluminum foil and slow cook it on the grille. Turn every so often.

Use a meat thermometer to ck for doneness. Like said above. don't over cook it.
    Sounds like a good way to cook a old shoe.

Soy sauce? Liquid salt? Salt dries a toughens meat. He's cooking a "tenderloin"

A pork tenderloin needs very little put on it. Raw Garlic slithers pierced into the meat and that's about it. Grill it slowly next to the flame, not over it or bake it. Salt at the table if needed

Quote Originally Posted by badbillr View Post
    seriously, throw it on the "baw bee" rotate ocassionally to prevent charring. Most Important - Must have a way to measure internal temp of the thickest part of the loin. This is absolutely essential for proper results. I personally have a stainless probe that connects to a digital thermometer/clock/alarm device. You can also go to the local grocer and get the one time use plastic pop meat thermometers. they are cheap and work well. get the meat to 155'f-160'f internal temp minimum, but don't exceed 170'f. once temp is achieved, must let it sit for 5-7 minutes to let it finish making its magic! then have at it! enjoy an extremely tasty and moist --tender loin! seasoning is all you!!
    A deltatrak pocket thermometer also makes a mighty fine meat thermo...
    Luke 6:31

those vacuum packed and marinated pork and beef loins are my favorites for the grill. i usually just cook them on the grill until they are browned then wrap them in foil to finish them. it keeps them juicy. use a meat thermometer and take them off about 10 degrees shy of finished and leave them in the foil. thay will finish cooking on their own. but i'm from pennsylvania and anybody will tell you us yankees don't know anything about bbq

I have to vote for indirect heat. Wood chips of choice and a savory rub. I do agree don't dry it out.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

I put olive oil on it, and rub in some fresh cracked pepper and garlic powder. Cookin one tomorrow on the grill with some fresh greeny beenies and rice pilaf.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet