Too hot or too cold

This is not a new issue for me, been dealing with it for several years, but now am ready to try to do something about it.
    We had a new heat pump put in place (Trane 15 SEER, 2.5 ton), and with it a new thermostat control: Braeburn model 5300, with 2 heat and 2 cool staging. It is set to manual control, thermostat settings are in 1 degree increments, and deviations in ambient temperature of + or - half a degree above or below the set point are supposed to cause heating or cooling to turn on or turn off. Often - particularly when in cooling mode - I find that the room(s) often feel either too hot or too cold. For example, if I have it set at 76 degrees, the room air often feels too warm. If I lower the set point to 75 degrees, the room then ends up feeling too cold before the compressor and blower turn off. In my admittedly unknowledgeable (I know, that's not really a word) way of thinking, I could perhaps rectify this dilemma if I had a thermostat that could be set in 1/2 degree increments or even perhaps 0.2 degree increments. My question is - does such a thermostat exist that allows for settings in 0.5 or 0.2 degree increments, and if so, would anyone be able to name a few that I could choose from? Thanks, in advance, to all who reply

We may need some more information. Such as location of the thermostat. But as far as a thermostat that you can set in increments less than one degree, as far as I know, they don't exist. But I have be wrong before.

Can you maybe fill us in on where the thermostat is located in relation to you supply and return grills? That could be affecting the situation.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Does your thermostat have a CPH setting? If so, it should probably be set to a higher setting.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I am thinking that maybe the humidity is too high; that will cause sensitivity to incremental temp changes.
    Get a humidity gauge at a hardware store, or someplace, & check the humidity levels in your home.

There used to be, and believe still are, thermostats with half degree increments, they also had cooling anticipators that helped cycle it sooner.

Longer cycles with more temp latitude is a more efficient performance mode of operation...use a floor or ceiling fan to keep air moving at the 76F setting.

Sweater and a T-shirt?

Get a thermometer and check actual temperatures in the center of the room.