Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hobart parts

hobart parts

Just wondering if anyone gets a decent discount on Hobart parts.Since they took over Vulcan,it seems Vulcan parts shot up in price plus my discount went from 25% to either 5% or 0%.Hobart starting to get a bad rep among techs and managers alike.

It's been my experience that Hobart wants to service the customers themselves and charge contractors who are not hobart dealers an arm and a leg to get the replacement parts they need. It may not be right but they do it. I would think that they would want to service the customer no matter what and thus give a discount to the service companies but what do I know....

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

hobart

buck and citywide

here in the uk it is exactly the same the only way to get hobart parts is either to go through third party wholesaler or THEY WILL SEND YOU AN ENGINEER !

Any technical information is between slim and none

The other thing at the moment is they seem only to want to install !

Good luck
    There is faith, there is hope and then there is another compressor change

I have found that Hobart sells at retail prices to non-Hobart techs. I've had good success getting parts from GCS parts.
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

they did that to us as well. they cut back our discount,because we are doing there work at a better rate.

TXVMAN what is GCS website??

To get hobart parts??

www.gcsparts.com They can get just about anything you want.

Ya, but GCS still burns ya for Hobart parts...

GCS is ECO LAB....!

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmike33 View Post
    www.gcsparts.com They can get just about anything you want.

I have had great service from GCS

They have the parts needed, and give discounts. Some times GCS can get you better prices because of a aftermarket line. The parts work great for me. I have used them for a couple years now. My local Hobart Manager told me it was a company wide policy to sell at list price. I hate that. I have to justify that to my customers, makes me feel like crap.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

Hobart

As you have found out by now Hobart wants to do it all. They even tried to restrict access to manuals and charge list to contractors. Ask your customer to request manuals or parts lists. Then use aftermarket to buy parts. There are several companys like FMP that do sell alot of aftermarket parts.

Artie

The biggest discount I've seen is 15% to a mega sized food equipment service co. Just bite the bullet and cut your markup on the hobart stuff to keep working on the other equipment.I don't recomend their equipment and give this as a reason as well as their predatory proprietary nature.

partstown.com = cheaper than gcs/ecolab and hobart

What discounts off list are you seeing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast