Distech wireless controllers

Has anyone used these yet? What is the reliability of these?

Thermokon.

I've used them. I think they are nicely made. However, I need alot of receivers so if Distech put the receiver in each VAV box I'd say that's a plus. If you have to use the Thermokon receiver, at this point I'd call that a minus. Plus, there is a fair amount of labor and binding to do with the Thermokon receiver that you shouldn't have to do if the receivers are built-in to the individual controllers.

Plus, I think the Thermokon sensor element is slow. If you are used to BAPI (or similar) you won't like them as much.

And you will have to figure in a battery. Don't trust going strictly without the battery.

So they are EXPENSIVE in comparison to wired sensors even with the installation labor benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Thermokon.

I've used them. I think they are nicely made. However, I need alot of receivers so if Distech put the receiver in each VAV box I'd say that's a plus. If you have to use the Thermokon receiver, at this point I'd call that a minus. Plus, there is a fair amount of labor and binding to do with the Thermokon receiver that you shouldn't have to do if the receivers are built-in to the individual controllers.

Plus, I think the Thermokon sensor element is slow. If you are used to BAPI (or similar) you won't like them as much.

And you will have to figure in a battery. Don't trust going strictly without the battery.

So they are EXPENSIVE in comparison to wired sensors even with the installation labor benefit.
    Don't they internally install them now? (recievers) and they do not burn up IO or NVIO I believe
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Thermokon.

Don't they internally install them now? (recievers) and they do not burn up IO or NVIO I believe
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!