Hmm CO2 air scrubbers

I am working on site at a campus and a company from overseas has installed a CO2 scrubber system on an AHU. They look like AHU's one larger than the other. The larger one is the absorption cycle and the smaller one is for the regeneration cycle. Anyone have any experience with these systems? How cost effective are they and are they saving any money?

We used them back on the submarine - and I'm still breathing, so they must have worked. If i remember right, they used an amine to adsorb the CO2 at low temp, and then release it at a high temp. I can imagine they would be cheaper to run than the same amount of OSA exchange, especially in high humidity climates (where OSA exchange is much more expensive). They don't do anything to replace oxygen in the space through, just remove CO2 - so O2 levels should really be monitored as well.

Hey great info and thanks for your service! I have met with the inventors and CEO of the company and they explained the same thing you just did. All about saving money and keeping OSA heat load off the coils. If it works in this AHU application I think it's a great idea. They are able to shut down the main absorption unit and close off dampers and turn on the regen AHU and flush the filters with heat to the outside. Hope it works.