Thread: Which system?

Which system?

I have two quotes for a Lennox and a Carrier Infinity system. Here they are and they are within a couple hundred dollars of each other after the Carrier rebate. This would be replacing my current furnace and A/C.

Lennox unit (4 ton)
    G60uhv-60c-090X furnace
    XC 15-048 condenser
    Aspen cc48d44-175r-040 coil

Carrier Infinity unit (4 ton)
    Infinity series 58cvx090116 furnace
    Infinity series 24ana748 17seer 2 speed condenser
    Carrier evaportating coil cnpvt348

Live in So. California 2200 sq ft. with vaulted ceilings

Any comments would be appreciated.

Why the Aspen coil and not a Lennox matched one?
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    We like and sell Inifinity,our customers rave about them,so use the search function here and see what homeowners have to say about their Infinities.

We are a Trane dealer so I am not that familiar with either one. A Lennox dealer will tell you to buy the Lennox, and a Carrier dealer will tell you to buy the Carrier. I have heard a lot of good things about both. Like Dash said, do a search and see what homeowners who have each say. It's almost like having a basket of referrals, all you have to do is search for them.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

They were using the Aspen coil because the ARI rating for cooling capacity (BTUH) was 48000 the seer rating (cooling) was 16.50 and the EER Rating (cooling) wa 12.55. The seer rating was better not using the Lennox coil. They did give me an ARI number and cert. supporting these numbers.

Ratings with 3rd party coils are computer simulated. Will you get that SEER in real life? Probably not. But with an ARI rating, you can get rebates and tax credits.

I've seem some instances with 3rd party coils of low humidity removal rates. Whether you will find that in this match, hard to say. We use some Aspen coils, seem OK. Rather restrictive in airflow however.

Hey,
    as the owner of a Lennox G60 UHV, I like it and have had no problems with it (almost going on 2 years now).
    I cannot comment on the AC since I don't need it where I'm at.