Thread: York Optiview problems

Post Likes

York Optiview problems

I'm being tasked to troubleshoot a York Optiview Display on a York YT which will not boot up. Several techs have taken a stab at this before me and they have replaced sundry parts they thought were the cause of the malfunction. I understand the flash memory cards have been replaced twice, the inverter supply has been replaced along with a generic off the shelf display screen and bulb, which I am told is a York equivalent by my stupidvisor.

I haven't made it to the job yet, but if anyone knows what I should look for on arrival, I'd sure appreciate it. Changing out all the guts in this panel would be a pricey proposition, but may be necessary given the job history.

Post Likes
    York Manual 160.80-m1(604) Has All The Info On That Panel And Display. Its Avail. Online At York.com

Post Likes
    many thanks

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Make sure all changes that have been are for this machine. York has several different types of boards made buy different people on there optiview. Although same machine, just different manufacturers on software parts. York went with best price at build time on machines. If you continue to have problems with this optiview contact Hans Wile at York Factory in Pa. This guy is supersharp and knows these optiviews better than anyone.

Post Likes
    Have you tried to disconnect all of your boards and see if the watchdog is holding the main board off. Look in my profile and send me a email and i will send you hans phone number

Post Likes

its 2AM.....

and this board has helped again. i had an optiview tonight that would not reboot after a power failure. after checking all other parts(power supply, boards,)I killed power at the VSD, pulled the flash card, reapplied power, and the damn thing came on. reinserted card and now am waiting for oil temp to return.

Post Likes
    Could you send me Hans Wiles Information, I need help with an optiview panel.
    Thanks,

Brett Booher
    Booher Industrial
    Booherindustrial@gmail.com
    770-893-7567

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BooherInd View Post
    Could you send me Hans Wiles Information, I need help with an optiview panel.
    Thanks,

Brett Booher
    Booher Industrial
    Booherindustrial@gmail.com
    770-893-7567
    Why don't you post your problem and see if you can get some help here?

Post Likes
    Had a problem with a YK a while back optiview goes dead same thing people were replacing boards , power supplys , flash cards , etc. nothing fixed the problem very intermitent , after looking at this thing for over and over found the molex plug out of the power supply with 2 female pins instead of male to female after repairing problem is now fixed. not saying that this is your issue but give it a real good look over.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Ok Guys, I have a new unused York YT 600 Ton Chiller R-123 1997 Vintage.

I bought it with no control panel and no starter. I have a new 2007 Optiview control panel 371-02486-101. I powered it up and it said it was selected for R-22, what do I need to do to convert it to R-123.

I also have a new 2009 Optispeed VSD503 K-46 P/N: 371-03789-702.

Does the K in the P/N mean it is for a YK?

If it is for a YK, do I need to change the Eproms?

I know that I need to get a ACC Board for the optiview control panel, do I need to get one for a YT or YK?

What Transducers will I need to change?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!

Brett

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BooherInd View Post
    Ok Guys, I have a new unused York YT 600 Ton Chiller R-123 1997 Vintage.

I bought it with no control panel and no starter. I have a new 2007 Optiview control panel 371-02486-101. I powered it up and it said it was selected for R-22, what do I need to do to convert it to R-123.

I also have a new 2009 Optispeed VSD503 K-46 P/N: 371-03789-702.

Does the K in the P/N mean it is for a YK?

If it is for a YK, do I need to change the Eproms?

I know that I need to get a ACC Board for the optiview control panel, do I need to get one for a YT or YK?

What Transducers will I need to change?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!

Brett
    You're not asking for help - this falls more under the heading of consulting. Send a PO# and we'll get started!

Post Likes
    I am willing to pay for the help. I just need to know if I will be able to make all of this work together.

Post Likes
    Has anyone had problems with the variable orifice voltage output? I have 24vac on both open and close circuits at the same time, with no movement of the variable orifice, bad i/o board?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in