Thread: where from here

eric_air is offline Regular Member - bad email address, live.com Contact Admin

where from here

I went out on a york 4 ton package heat pump, call was a no cool.p.s.i. was 110/225 out door temp. was 104 . condenser motor is bad. suction line temp. at comp. was 77. unit has the dryer in the discharge line before the reversing valve from factory. scroll comp. Change out compressor?

Heat Pump

Compressor sounds bad - but the '' drier '' will be a muffler before the 4 way valve - verify to be sure !
    Superheat and subcooling tell it all !

Quote Originally Posted by freonguy View Post
    Compressor sounds bad - but the '' drier '' will be a muffler before the 4 way valve - verify to be sure !
    it is a dryer put there from the factory. grounded compressors are a given, this one made me think

Quote Originally Posted by eric_air View Post
    it is a dryer put there from the factory. grounded compressors are a given, this one made me think
    It's in the hot gas line?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    It's in the hot gas line?
    yes inches fr om the compressor

Quote Originally Posted by eric_air View Post
    yes inches fr om the compressor
    There is a thread about york and these filters..

Its my understanding that those are mufflers. Never heard of a discharge drier If york is putting driers in the discharge line, I would be interested in reading about it if someone has a link.

Quote Originally Posted by ace12 View Post
    Its my understanding that those are mufflers. Never heard of a discharge drier If york is putting driers in the discharge line, I would be interested in reading about it if someone has a link.
    i googled york discharge dryer , it came up with a thread from april 2007 on this . when i saw the dryer i knew it was wrong , then i looked in the other 6 on the roof and knew i was wrong