charging

Thread: charging

charging

i havent charged a unit before can you explain to me which is better to charge liquid from your suction or liquid

when charging liquid it is best to pump into the high side, or chage when the unit is off. When charging during operation w/o a pump, throttle it in slowly and use the manual valve as a metering device.

charging

ok. so do you never charge through the suction then ive been told alot of different ways

you can charge with bursts of vapor sometimes on the low side. Chargeing wrong can break a compressor though cause if liquid gets in there it cant be compressed so you will create too much pressure.

I've been told to always charge throught the sucion line as a liquid, ecspecially with the blend types of refrigerants. However, if you can pump it through the liquid line then your good to go. Just be carefull and meter it throught the suction line so as not to smash any valves in your compressor, although scrolls can take a little more punishment.

if the refrig is a zeotropic blend it can fractionate if u charge as a vapor so then u have to throttle it to the low side. But if its a txv then dont check the superheat to determin charge instead check the subcooling of the condensor
    Last edited by plockmesh; 05-15-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: i put i instead of if