I've got a resi customer who's become hyper-sensitive to chemicals. His wife tossed all the chemical cleaners in the house, and switched brands till he was ok. Even his old shirts on hangers had to be rewashed so he could work through a day.
Now when the neighbour's clothes dryer blasts his house with fumes he gets sick. I told him to seal the doors and windows tight. The atmospheric furnace will be replaced with a direct vent model.
I'm looking at a air-to-air HRV to put in to pressurize his home with clean, filtered (HEPA) air.
But what you you suggest for getting the chemical smells out? I've heard charcoal filters work but have no experience with them?