Thread: beer meister

beer meister

ok I got two glass top dual temp self contained units. both run on 134a, one was nearly outta gas the other works great. I took em so I could play with differant gasses and maybe learn a thing or two. now I wanna make em into beer meisters. The cases are like what you would see ice cream bars in in a 7-11.

The one that was low on gas, the only fittings I had to use got me tapped into the crankcase with a suction service fitting. I'm outta 134a and see 401a is close on the chart and I'm pretty sure it's a POE. I got a nice 500 mic vac so im not so sure whats goin on with that leak, small at best.

There is no charging info and no sight glass. My questions are how should I charge this, and is this an ok gas? It's a cap tube and I was hoping to charge it to 6 degrees S.H. at maybe 38 deg case. where I'm at now it's reluctant to pull down with huge S.H. and when it does it floods. I can recover more but I'm may just need 134a? theres only about a pound in it.

Also, this thing is likely intended for a consistant ambient. I dont plan on keeping it outdoors but what sort of swing can one of these little units handle? It's about a hundred bucks to make this a beer meister and a fun project but I'm wondering if it's really doable with what I have.

if this works I can have one keg by my chair on the living room and one in my smokin room. really reduces fill up times and makes me operate more effeciently.
    Guinness for strength

Quote Originally Posted by greenears View Post
    if this works I can have one keg by my chair on the living room and one in my smokin room. really reduces fill up times and makes me operate more effeciently.
    when you get it done you'll be operating more efficiently then the unit hahah gonna be tough to get 6*F SH on a cap tube system, if you're flooding back you're over charged!
    Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

lol no kiddin. yeah I know it's floodin, and I know I'll see it change with the ambient so I'm not sure what to shoot for. I mean too much s.h. and I'll over heat too little and I flood. this is a noble effort for a good cause though, I'd like to work it out and get a few years outta the project.

my thoughts are I take it close to flooding at around 80, assuming thats the hottest ambients it'll see?
    Guinness for strength

Quote Originally Posted by greenears View Post
    lol no kiddin. yeah I know it's floodin, and I know I'll see it change with the ambient so I'm not sure what to shoot for. I mean too much s.h. and I'll over heat too little and I flood. this is a noble effort for a good cause though, I'd like to work it out and get a few years outta the project.

my thoughts are I take it close to flooding at around 80, assuming thats the hottest ambients it'll see?
    just at thought,but isnt 401 a blend,im not sure that it is,did you charge it as a liquid??
    also,you cant use a micron reading as a method of determing a leak,if you had a small one you could have still pulled down being is a small system and at the same time pulling in impurities..give us your pressures.
    you should pull the charge and pressurize with nitro,find if there is a leak..
    get this running,fill em up,i'll drive out to pittsburgh and help you empty them ..as long as we dont have to watch the steelers

Cool

whats wrong with watching the Steelers

Why would you when you have a better team on the east side of the state??
    no im kidding,i dont mind the steelers,im just bustin chops,i dont mind the steelers like i do the giants or cowgirls,besides,how can i talk about a team with so many superbowls,one recently,when we gone none????
    with that being said...watch your players on motorcycles

We are NOT watching the eagles. no.

yeah I charged it up liquid. I also pumped it up with nitro and spreayed it with bubbles. the coils are all in the case so if theres a leak in there theres nothin I can really do about it, nothin leaking in compressor area.
    Guinness for strength