Confused is amana a good choice

looking at an amana 95% two-stage multi-speed gas furnace. looks to be a solid choice just looking for opinions about amana and this furnace. was told that the two stage gas valve burns at 50% or 100% if needed. i am replacing an lennox whisper heat and installing some much needed insulation in attic. Warranty looks good on heat exchanger and 1 year labor and 5 years on parts. was told that 95% seem to break more??any facts on that?? anything else i should be aware of..

Thanks,

Patrick

Personally I'd go all the way and get the variable speed model with a good control like a Vision Pro IAQ.

But the Amana 95s are 75%/100% low & high, not 50%/100% as you were erroneously told. Your dealer must not be too alert or you misunderstood.

The 95% won't break more, it is the same furnace as an 80% with a 2nd stainless steel heat exchanger.

Key is proper sizing and installation!

i read alot about a good install but what should i ask or look for as far as a good install or installer goes????

From what I've seen in older units their controls are very "unique". I don't work on many Amanas but what are their parts availability and price? Also dont think make microwaves too? and toasters?

Quote Originally Posted by |HvacJack View Post
    From what I've seen in older units their controls are very "unique". I don't work on many Amanas but what are their parts availability and price? Also dont think make microwaves too? and toasters?
    Amana HVAC equipment is now owned by Goodman Mfg. There are no oddball controls in them. The microwaves and toasters division along with all other white goods was sold to Maytag shortly after Goodman purchased the entire company.

The patented dual sized tubular heat exchanger in the Amana has been on the market for over a decade with a "zero" failure rate under normal conditions. That would be "nil", "notta", "not a one" has failed. The test heat exchanger that was required to be overheated and cooled 30,000 times for certain quality ratings is now pushing 2,000,000,000 firings. Trane had snowball, Amana has fireball.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

fireball???

not a comforting name for a heater style you are putting in someones house!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    fireball???

not a comforting name for a heater style you are putting in someones house!!!
    Nor would one want a compressor known as snowball in their home. It is called fireball because it has withstood being overheated so many times and continues to be overheated without failure.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV