Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3X4=11

3X4=11

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    They are trying to teach mental retards, and they are mental retards also. It is basically an idiot factory, they keep pumping out new idiots who vote democrat, the rest of us are forced to vote Republican as sort of a firewall but it is not going to last. The idiots are winning.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI You got trouble in Rivercity.
    FEN

ha! ever see the movie 'Idiocracy'
    unfortunately we are there

Quote Originally Posted by tbirdtbird View Post
    ha! ever see the movie 'Idiocracy'
    unfortunately we are there
    Not quite yet, but if we keep voting for leftists who keep making promises to cure problems that only exist because they created those problems, we are certainly headed toward idiocracy. In the movie, the people were convinced that water was bad stuff. Isn't that what government is doing with just about everything now? In support of the movie, I give you; http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

They are just trying to cover for Biden and his three letter word...J-O-B-S. They are all a danger to this country!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Dumbing down the system to raise grades

Now that I think of it, this started awhile ago. I remember the kids telling me the HS teachers just check to make sure they did their homework, not checking the homework for accuracy.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Not entirely. I think the plan is to eliminate the gap between those who can and do and those who can't and/or don't. It's kind of like letting everyone play in a sport whether they belong there or not and then dumbing down or eliminating a sport so that they don't get hurt. Our kids can't play dodgeball at school anymore.

They have changed the "point" system that it takes to make a grade to be reflective. We were just talking about how you have to have 3.6 GPA in one of the kids school to get an A. So it sounds harder to get the grade. Thing is that you don't have to be able to do the work correctly anymore to get the grade.

It pisses me off that in doing things this way they are totally disrespecting the work and accomplishment of the ones who were there before and busted their ass to get good grades. Not only are they making the correct answer meaningless, they are making the grade totally meaningless too.

Let's apply this practice to their salary. What do you mean you are supposed to be making $42k and we only paid you $24k? See, we took the hours you worked and multiplied it by your wage. That makes us right doesn't it?

It's what plants crave...

I lift things up and put them down.

Our teachers are trained by liberal university professors. Universities today subscribe to the newer philosophy of Postmodernism. Postmodernism basically says that their is no TRUTH, there are just truths. There is no single actual TRUTH just your understanding of truth. Your truth is what works for you. My truth is what works for me. Neither of us is wrong. What work for you is your truth and what works for me is my truth. There is no absolute TRUTH.

They actually believe and teach this stuff. So, you can't actually be wrong nor can you say someone else is wrong either. All you have to do is be able to explain how you came to determine what you believe is right for you. That is it.

It all started in literature class. You read a book by a well known author. Then you each explain what it means. It does not mean what the author ment as that may mean what he thinks it means but when you read it it becomes YOURS not the author's. So, meaning is a personal thing and belongs to you alone. You construct meaning for yourself. Did you catch that word; CONSTRUCT.

Almost all education is now under the educational philosophy called Constructivism. Constructivism is a philosophy that claims meaning is something the learner constructs in their own mind. We (each learner) determines what something really means to them for themselves. They create their own reality in their mind and that becomes their personal truth. And, since we each have our own constructed reality or our own personal truth what is true for us is true. What is true to you is your own truth. So, we are all right and none of us are wrong.

I am not making this stuff up! This is what our teachers are taught. I am simply stating it in a few paragraphs. At the university our teachers are fed this slowly over four or more years and it is sneeked up on them. Eventually, they actually believe 3 times 4 could be 11 as long as you can explain how you got the answer.

We have come a long way baby! I know exactly what I am talking about since I am just finishing up a master's degree in education and was fed this crap for the last couple of years. But, oh well. I have a graduate degree piece of paper showing I now have an advanced degree in education. I now know that 3 times 4 could be 11.

Hugh B

In literature and the arts a "construct" is allowed partly because art will move people differently. The arts have always been self-interpretive. As is life. A lot of art is veiled and it's meaning will be personal. But math, not a good idea. Some disciplines require facts.
    Before all blame falls on teachers take a look at modern parenting. Where Timmy gets praise for being last in some race and wins a prize equal to the real winner. Listen, Timmy knows he lost but now he has learned the more valuable lesson that he can win even if he doesn't try. Parents refuse to let their kids get a taste of life. What today's parents are doing is preparing Timmy to step into the world and be eaten alive.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    In literature and the arts a "construct" is allowed partly because art will move people differently. The arts have always been self-interpretive. As is life. A lot of art is veiled and it's meaning will be personal. But math, not a good idea. Some disciplines require facts.
    Before all blame falls on teachers take a look at modern parenting. Where Timmy gets praise for being last in some race and wins a prize equal to the real winner. Listen, Timmy knows he lost but now he has learned the more valuable lesson that he can win even if he doesn't try. Parents refuse to let their kids get a taste of life. What today's parents are doing is preparing Timmy to step into the world and be eaten alive.

The educational philosophy of constructivism began with art and literature and spread to all other areas of education. With math it began with the so called "new math" and now has gone to a new level in math where even getting a correct answer does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The educational philosophy of constructivism began with art and literature and spread to all other areas of education. With math it began with the so called "new math" and now has gone to a new level in math where even getting a correct answer does not matter.

It's origins go back even further with post war existentialism's ideas of personal choice along with Einstein's intro to relativity leading to "It's all relative" ideas that also viewed "reality" as a personal perspective.
    It's a creative way to balance the education books by having everyone get an A.
    Process can be effective in education as long as one doesn't have to please a boss. In a logic class I took in college, in the back of our text there were a number of riddles where extra credit was given if a student answered a riddle with an explanation. It led one to an assumption that there were more than one possible answer to a given riddle.(or not) But one answer that was a more perfect answer.
    Those here that have had to deal with the world outside of academia know those thought processes have a place in learning but the world has little patience for vague thinking.
    What is necessary in the arts becomes clumsy in areas requiring precise thinking...... like a moon landing.
    There is something about the rarefied atmosphere of higher education that might be fairly blamed on thin air.
    Tracers work both ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast