Is Trane XR13 A/C noisey?

I finally have picked a contractor to install new system ; now the system; I am told the XR is louder by 3 decibels compared to a Carrier he quoted me;(76 to 73) now I ride bikes and a Harley is MUCH louder than a Suzuki say; I know its all relative; this thing is not going to be under my window; how concerned should I be; I can of course step up but with the dehum. system I am putting in I am at my Max price for the package...dogdoc

I just had an XR13 installed in my home last week. The outside unit had to be placed near the masterbed room. I was very concerned about noise as well but my contractor assured me it wouldn't be a problem. I must say that I'm impressed. We are barely able to hear the unit when it's on. We are very happy with our Trane. You can't beat the warranty and with the VS blower we get 14 seer.

They are on the noisy side, especially comparing to other similarly priced premium units. If sound is critical to you, hear the size you need in person. The 14 SEER are quieter than the 13 due to scroll compressor usage in most sizes and swept wing fan blade.

As for the warranty, there are better. Nordyne has 10 year all parts and a 10 year quality pledge which means if the compressor goes, they had you a brand new unit and a labor allowance to cover part of the cost. Goodman & ICP are similar without the labor help. Nordyne is quieter with all Copeland scroll compressors & swept wing fan blades.

13 seer

All the 13 seer a/s units I have installed have been so quiet that when you back up 3 steps you cant tell its running ! They all had the swept blades and a compressor blanket . You will not be disappointed ! Bob h
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Who sells Nordyne?

I am already trying to get the contractor to get me an address to go to and listen as you have suggested; I have NOt heard of Nordyne....dogdoc

Nordyne are sold under other brand names.
    Fridgaire, Grandaire, Gibson, Tappan, Maytag.

I know I'm missing atleast one name.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?