I reported a post.... or... My Selfish American Nature....

I reported a post using that little watchamacalit at the bottom of someones post. It was the last or most recent post in a thread and I reported it just to flag the whole thread.....

What is the procedure now ??? Do I get a notification that my report was recieved or so I just have to wait and see if anyone takes action.

DIY info was being blatantly handed out.... in my opinion...... so something should be done about it.

I am neither for nor again DIY on here...... but the rule is no DIY so I believe that we should all comply with that....

Hopefully someone will recieve my report soon and remove the offending post.

Off topic.... not really......

You see... I dont care about DIY.... I didnt report the post so much because Im worried someone will get hurt....or several regular members violated the rules.... my only concern was my selfish desire to actually report a post and click that little watchamacalit at the bottom and see what procedures you guys go thru when you decide to attack me behind my back ..... lol

I would still like to see the post dealt with..... guys on there actually put up links to parts..... and I dont think anyone wants to be giving that info out........ dont want the customer to see that the 75.00 part they pay for costs 7.50 ...lol

yea yea yea.... mark up....overhead..... I know all about it....... I work for a huge company.......sort of...... its big... but sometimes I feel like Ive just sort of got a job....... which is part of why my mind is presently bending....... other part being some massive stress from family situations.....

but anyhow......

I think I deserve a star or something next to my name for reporting a diy post. maybe a blue star with some kind of contrasing color border around it.... silver or something.... not gold gold has got to be the most untasteful color out there......

Looks like Ive got spell checks on contrasting and untasteful... someone fix those for me please...
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I've never gotten a notification, just check back to the post later to see if issue was/is dealt with.

time-----------------may or may not take awhile.

never have felt uneasy about hitting that triangle.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Give the man a star. I would give you a red star for your good deed there corny. I choose the color red for all your pro big government posts over the years. Perhaps someday you will “Chieu Hoi” and come over to the right. All will be forgiven. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

was this about the relay?

if it was, I assume the info I gave was not over the line. new here so still trying to find the line

Hey glen i think corny might be off his meds again .

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    Hey glen i think corny might be off his meds again .
    Yeah corny needs 24/7 care to keep him straight there. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by arsco View Post
    was this about the relay?

if it was, I assume the info I gave was not over the line. new here so still trying to find the line
    Yes, it was about the relay....and please accept my apologies if you got "spanked".... Im sure that the mods can tell that you just hadnt read the rules or something....and Im sure that they took no punative action against you.....as you were able to post your above post.

Im personally not against giving DIY advice to homeowners...... its their equipment and those of us on this board dont call electricians plumbers autom mechanics etc......everytime we have a problem. In todays economy whatever you can do yourself to save some cash is ok with me....

Some rube changing out a relay or contactor or cap is fine with me....... If they screw it up then its work for one of us..... if not then so be it.

I would not give electrical advice to someone who didnt have the first clue about electricity though..... not because Im scared of being sued..... but because I dont want to get some doofus killed....

Imagine some jerk changing the contactor on his unit....... he is out there......on his knees on damp ground...... opens the panel before shutting off the disconnect and gets to looking around for curiosity sake....... he starts poking his fingers around in there........ a loose stakon flings out or he gets his hand caught on a relay terminal or something....... it could kill you.

I was putting control wiring in a package unit a couple years back........ running my sensor wiring and control wiring while the unit was running so I didnt put out the office workers inside....... I caught my hand on the unprotected stakon terminals of a multi tap transformer in the equipment and it was in a way that once my hand made contact and I tried to jerk my hand back it got caught on the terminal....

I was there getting the dog sh*t shocked out of me long enough for me to have time to realize that I was in trouble and I needed to get my hand out of there...... I was unable to just pull my hand out...... it took at least a couple of seconds for me to get my mind and body in sync to get my hand out.

Had I been in contact with ground or the cabinet I believe I could have been killed.

Ive slipped and touched bus bars before and this little transformer terminal was 10 times worse than that.....

so anyhow..... thats one reason why you have to be carefull who you help....

Now then..... like I stated above..... I didnt turn the post in because I am against DIY....... I only did it because Ive always wondered what happened when you hit that report post icon.... and how the whole procedure worked....

so its nothing personal...... had I not done it out of curiosity Im sure someone else....probably multiple people..... would have flagged the post also.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Here's your blue star with contrasting border sweetie
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

didn't think telling a guy a RIB would work (without any details on how to hook it up)was too detailed. maybe Ill just stick to read only around here.

Don't forget your PPE when working on equipment it could save your life, limbs or other favorite parts