Cool Matching coil for my Infinity System

Since my previous Trane deal didn't work out, I'm now striking a deal with a Carrier dealer. I've a contract on my hand but this time I'll be more careful before I sign it. Here is the Carrier Infinity system I'll buying.

1. Carrier Infinity Series 94% variable speed furnace #58MVB080-F-1-14, 80,000 BTUH, 1400CFM, 21" wide.
    2. Carrier Infinity Series 16 SEER two stage compressor #24ANA736A003, 3 ton unit, R410A.
    3. Carrier / ADP #HC-PT9648-C212 matched cased evaporator coil with integral TXV metering valve, R410A, 21" wide.
    4. Carrier Infinity Series programmable thermostat #SYSTXCCUID01.

I was told this is the top of line equipment for my house with approx. 1,500 sqft living space single story home in Walnut Creek, California.

Questions:
    1. Did I get the best "most efficient" matching coil. If not, what will be a better match? model #? I couldn't find this coil model # in the carrier website. I was told by the contractor that the California model # are not listed in the website.

2. For the programmable thermostat, I also saw model #SYSTXCCUIZ01 in the Carrier website. What is the difference? Which one is the best match for my system.

Your comments/inputs will be greatly appreciated.

That's a lot of high end equipment for a rather moderate climate.

Has it become that much warmer in the Bay Area in recent years?
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    That's a lot of high end equipment for a rather moderate climate.

Has it become that much warmer in the Bay Area in recent years?

think about comfort ,not climate.

What's yoir comfort worth to you???

Matching coil for my Infinity System Reply to Thread

Walnut Creek, California is in Zone 2. Summer temperature can (usually) range from 85-110. As a matter of fact, last year we were in the 100+ for two consecutive weeks and peak at 115 for one day. The main reason I'm going top of the line is because the Carrier Performance Series will not be a substantial saving. Any of your professional opinion for the matching coil and thermostat will be greatly appreciated.

use one of these coils: http://www.superiorcoils.com/index.html
    but keep your infinity stat, those thing are great
    "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." Einstein

Matching coil for my Infinity System Reply to Thread

Really need your help out there!! I couldn't find the evaporator coil number in the Carrier website. I just called Carrier to verify and the CSR said they don't have this model number. Is this Carrier / ADP #HC-PT9648-C212 coil really a matching Carrier coil for my system?

Cool

i think you should go with a sytem that you understand, and the numbers match up. and second what im getting out of this is a 3 ton c.u, and a 4 ton indoor coil, they should match, maybe a 3.5 ton match sytem.. would better suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHvacGuy View Post
    Walnut Creek, California is in Zone 2. Summer temperature can (usually) range from 85-110. As a matter of fact, last year we were in the 100+ for two consecutive weeks and peak at 115 for one day. The main reason I'm going top of the line is because the Carrier Performance Series will not be a substantial saving. Any of your professional opinion for the matching coil and thermostat will be greatly appreciated.
    I now stand better informed regarding your climate. I once lived in the Sacramento region and always thought anything west of the coastal range was mild compared to the valley. It all depends on the year and weather, of course.

Dash also makes a good point. I wasn't bashing the line, just wondering about where it will be used. If I could afford high end stuff like that I'd install it in a heartbeat.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

You can't find the coil listed on Carriers website because it is not a Carrier coil it is an ADP. The other control you noted is the same as the one you have except it is for a system with zoning.

Thanks for the help. I finally found the Carrier distributor who my contractor is going to purchase the equipments from. I was told the reason why they don't match the Carrier system with the Carrier coil is because California has more restricted law in term of achieving the specified SEER rating. The ADP coil can do a better job. I was confirmed that all the Carrier contractors around the SF bay area who gets the equipment from them all uses ADP coil. Does anyone knows anything about ADP coil? Any good? Really better than the Carrier coil?

Matching coil for my Infinity system

Thanks for the help. I finally found the Carrier distributor who my contractor is going to purchase the equipments from. I was told the reason why they don't match the Carrier system with the Carrier coil is because California has more restricted law in term of achieving the specified SEER rating. The ADP coil can do a better job. I was confirmed that all the Carrier contractors around the SF bay area who gets the equipment from them all uses ADP coil. Does anyone knows anything about ADP coil? Any good? Really better than the Carrier coil?