need advice on red gauge fluctuating - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph_hvac View Post
    Hi Beenthere.
    How are the "non condesnsables" taken care of?
    He installed a condenser that uses R410A.
    He vacuumed the system. Although I don't know if he vacuumed the condenser. Can he vacuum the condensor after he connects/torches it to the 3/4 pipe and the 1/4(?) pipe?
    Charge would need to be recovered. System re vacuumed, and new refrigerant charged into system.

If the condenser was precharged(which a new R410A unit would be) then it didn't need vacuumed.

Was the old unit, an R410A unit. Or was it r22. If R22, did he install a new metering device for R410A.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I was under the impression that the old system was 22 and a dry ship 22 condenser was installed. I may have missed something... As previously asked by someone else,,,, was the old system 22 or 410a and what is the new condenser refrigerant?

I'm thinking 410A with R22 metering device and no flushing of line set...unless nine year old condenser was also 410A. If not, we then may have improper metering device combined with POE/mineral oil mix running around...and if THAT'S the case...oh boy.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shophound View Post
    I'm thinking 410A with R22 metering device and no flushing of line set...unless nine year old condenser was also 410A. If not, we then may have improper metering device combined with POE/mineral oil mix running around...and if THAT'S the case...oh boy.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I can't stop laughing; thanks Mr. Bill...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Yeah...what was I thinking...shouldn't rush responses when other things are pulling at me...thanks for the great emoticon!
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Charge would need to be recovered. System re vacuumed, and new refrigerant charged into system.

If the condenser was precharged(which a new R410A unit would be) then it didn't need vacuumed.

Was the old unit, an R410A unit. Or was it r22. If R22, did he install a new metering device for R410A.

This is my guess.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

It said he replaced the condenser, what about the 9 year old indoor coil? I also agree that if it was a dry charge he has nitrogen in the system.

Not to be picky guys, I vacuum my carpet, I evacuate my refrigeration systems.

Zipping up flame suit and running for cover.

The run down seems to be: #1 locked up compressor (why, burn out? R22 or 410a?) #2 replace condenser only with 410a unit to existing coil, factory charge so no evacuation of unit needed, was metering devise verified, was system flushed if R22 or burn out?? #3 Remainder of system evacuated, was system brazed while nitrogen was flowing, was a new filter drier installed on LL? #4 Outcome to date, system runs but not cooling properly, high side pressures not stabile actually excessive and most likely bouncing off of HPS, which in all likelihood will fail if the compressor does not crap out first. #5 Solution, find a qualified tech to determine the PROPER course of action and rectify before catastrophic failure results.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 08-20-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

fnrawlins

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Beenthere,
    The old system was R22. The new sys is R410A. I don't think he installed a new metering device as I don't know what you are referring to. What is that metering device and what is it used for?

Kangarrodgod,
    old is R22;
    New=R410A

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast