Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Testo 552 Micron Gauge

Bought mine from Jmart just wondering if others like this or not.

Just got one too, haven't used it yet. I'll probably get a chance on Monday.

Let me know what you think. I aren't sure mine is as accurate as it should be.

I've got an empty recovery bottle, maybe I'll pull it down tomorrow and do a side by side with my CPS gauge.

Ok here's mine.Name:  Testo - Bluvac.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  44.2 KBName:  Testo - Bluvac2.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  79.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cobra2411 View Post
    I've got an empty recovery bottle, maybe I'll pull it down tomorrow and do a side by side with my CPS gauge.

Ok, there wasn't anything good on TV so I pulled the bottle down. My other gauge is a CPS VG200 and when I had the valve on the tank the CPS gauge went to 0 microns while the Testo only hit 210 microns. When I opened the valve the Testo lead the CPS for a while then they switched position again. In the end they stayed mostly about 40-60 microns apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like about 10 percent accuracy on those products...... still way more than enough for hvac work......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

That is really not a test for accuracy, but only a comparison. You really have to have a reference gauge to verify accuracy. Interesting to see, but that is all.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    That is really not a test for accuracy, but only a comparison. You really have to have a reference gauge to verify accuracy. Interesting to see, but that is all.
    What are we supposed to use for a reference gauge?

Yeah, maybe not a super duper scientific way of looking at it but that's what I have... Gauge A vs Gauge B... The Testo is brand new and came with a little test sheet showing it was factory tested and found to be accurate. The CPS gauge has been around the block a few times so to speak. So if anything the Testo is the reference gauge. As for the hookup, that was the easiest way I could do it and feel it's accurate enough.
    -=David=-

A calibrated reference gauge, you can get a NIST traceable gauge from Testo and likely also from Accutools (BluVac) or at least one with a transfer standard. You can not say for sure if the Testo or the CPS is more accurate. Age has nothing to due with it. Also you have to consider the calibration point, some gauges are calibrated at a single point like 500 microns, above or below that they will deviate. Also consider measurement technology, The Testo 552 uses and absolute sensor which will be much more accurate over the full scale then some thermistor gauges.
    JLB,

Why is the 552 so slow?

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    A calibrated reference gauge, you can get a NIST traceable gauge from Testo and likely also from Accutools (BluVac) or at least one with a transfer standard. You can not say for sure if the Testo or the CPS is more accurate. Age has nothing to due with it. Also you have to consider the calibration point, some gauges are calibrated at a single point like 500 microns, above or below that they will deviate. Also consider measurement technology, The Testo 552 uses and absolute sensor which will be much more accurate over the full scale then some thermistor gauges.

I have not noticed it being slow. I have run one side by side with a bluvac and they were neck and neck, less the resolution.
    JLB,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast