Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,312

    Testo 552 Micron Gauge

    Bought mine from Jmart just wondering if others like this or not.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    131
    Just got one too, haven't used it yet. I'll probably get a chance on Monday.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,312
    Let me know what you think. I aren't sure mine is as accurate as it should be.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    131
    I've got an empty recovery bottle, maybe I'll pull it down tomorrow and do a side by side with my CPS gauge.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,312
    Ok here's mine.Name:  Testo - Bluvac.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  44.2 KBName:  Testo - Bluvac2.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  79.0 KB

    Quote Originally Posted by cobra2411 View Post
    I've got an empty recovery bottle, maybe I'll pull it down tomorrow and do a side by side with my CPS gauge.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    131
    Ok, there wasn't anything good on TV so I pulled the bottle down. My other gauge is a CPS VG200 and when I had the valve on the tank the CPS gauge went to 0 microns while the Testo only hit 210 microns. When I opened the valve the Testo lead the CPS for a while then they switched position again. In the end they stayed mostly about 40-60 microns apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,809
    Looks like about 10 percent accuracy on those products...... still way more than enough for hvac work......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    1,141
    That is really not a test for accuracy, but only a comparison. You really have to have a reference gauge to verify accuracy. Interesting to see, but that is all.
    JLB,

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    That is really not a test for accuracy, but only a comparison. You really have to have a reference gauge to verify accuracy. Interesting to see, but that is all.
    What are we supposed to use for a reference gauge?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    131
    Yeah, maybe not a super duper scientific way of looking at it but that's what I have... Gauge A vs Gauge B... The Testo is brand new and came with a little test sheet showing it was factory tested and found to be accurate. The CPS gauge has been around the block a few times so to speak. So if anything the Testo is the reference gauge. As for the hookup, that was the easiest way I could do it and feel it's accurate enough.
    -=David=-

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    1,141
    A calibrated reference gauge, you can get a NIST traceable gauge from Testo and likely also from Accutools (BluVac) or at least one with a transfer standard. You can not say for sure if the Testo or the CPS is more accurate. Age has nothing to due with it. Also you have to consider the calibration point, some gauges are calibrated at a single point like 500 microns, above or below that they will deviate. Also consider measurement technology, The Testo 552 uses and absolute sensor which will be much more accurate over the full scale then some thermistor gauges.
    JLB,

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,312
    Why is the 552 so slow?

    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    A calibrated reference gauge, you can get a NIST traceable gauge from Testo and likely also from Accutools (BluVac) or at least one with a transfer standard. You can not say for sure if the Testo or the CPS is more accurate. Age has nothing to due with it. Also you have to consider the calibration point, some gauges are calibrated at a single point like 500 microns, above or below that they will deviate. Also consider measurement technology, The Testo 552 uses and absolute sensor which will be much more accurate over the full scale then some thermistor gauges.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    1,141
    I have not noticed it being slow. I have run one side by side with a bluvac and they were neck and neck, less the resolution.
    JLB,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event