Thread: ACH550

ACH550

I think I have a relatively easy question here. I am working with an ACH 550, ABB Drive. My question is I removed the old drive, installed with the new drive, reinstalled all the controls, and the only problem that I am having Is in the programming of where to in able to the 10 signal for start stop. Not sure if it is under parameters, assistant, I/O Settings, Does anybody have any insight?. Thank you
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

By default start stop is DI1 start stop and DI4 safety shutdown with DI5 also for safety shutdown on some macros. Its under start stop, 1001. Not sure what you mean by enable start stop with 10 signal.

I think I know what the issues is, I never set the dip switches, I believe they come factory default set for current, from what I understand, I need to change from current (4-20) to signal 2-10. Does this sound right?

I cant remember how the dip switches are usually set from the factory and I dont think they are consistent though. Very early in the manual they show the dip switch settings. SW 1-AI1, SW2 - AI2. If you need 2-10 you will need to change scaling of the reference of the input you choose to use as the default is 0-10. Plus the AI is not used for start/stop functions.

I don't believe I mentioned this, but I am working with an E clips.

I am going to return to the site tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

I have a Chilled water valve That is Not working properly or getting it signal . There Is a COM wire That is labeled or stat, Not exactly sure where I Need to tie this in. I know it's gonna be an analog signal, would this be under a reference point?
    I was looking at the Schematic and I don't see any option/location/reference point for temperature sensor.

Looks like you need to set up an internal PID or you may be receiving commands and references over field bus. You stated this was a replacement drive, how was the original controlled or are you changing the operation? Either way it will require someone with more experience on site to get this setup properly. Setting this up over the internet will only lead to bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    I think I know what the issues is, I never set the dip switches, I believe they come factory default set for current, from what I understand, I need to change from current (4-20) to signal 2-10. Does this sound right?
    We have a lot of ABB ACH550 drives and to date I have yet seen one come not set for 4-20mA, their default setting. Yes you have to flip the switch on the AI for it to accept 0-10. Pg 8

http://www.abb.us/AbbLibrary/DownloadCenter/Default.aspx?CategoryID=9AAC207066&DocumentKind=Ma nual&LatestRevisionOnly=True&ShowResultsTab=True&S ortBy=DocKind

"How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Looks like you need to set up an internal PID or you may be receiving commands and references over field bus. You stated this was a replacement drive, how was the original controlled or are you changing the operation? Either way it will require someone with more experience on site to get this setup properly. Setting this up over the internet will only lead to bad things.

We have start up Included, he will be out to do that and make sure everything is good.
    Not changing operation.

What I'm referring to is, we install the drive , drive tech will be out in the next 2 days, we Have it up and running in hand with no alarms, It's when I look for my call for the fan/cooling/ or actuator from the building automation. I believe my issue is 4/20 or 2 to 10., It must be the dip switches.

Other than that I'm going to hook up my thermostat/ space sensor up to eclipse And set this up .

Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post

We have start up Included, he will be out to do that and make sure everything is good.
    Not changing operation.

What I'm referring to is, we install the drive , drive tech will be out in the next 2 days, we Have it up and running in hand with no alarms, It's when I look for my call for the fan/cooling/ or actuator from the building automation. I believe my issue is 4/20 or 2 to 10., It must be the dip switches.

Other than that I'm going to hook up my thermostat/ space sensor up to eclipse And set this up .

This is what I'm looking for currently.

I know this is a little bit late.
    AI1 and AI2 on the drive (top controller) are your speeds. There are two dip switches above and two the left of the wires. I - amps U - volts.
    The start/stop and relays used on generally landed on the bypass.
    If you google the manual it is fairly comprehensive and using the electronic version you can do a pdf search for what you need. If all else fails ABB tech support is pretty darn good and I have never had an issue reaching out to them and getting any assistance needed.