how to purge and light a firplace with IPI

how to purge and light a firplace with IPI

I shut of gas valve few month ago when my 5 year old son played the switch on the wall and lit the fireplace.

now I cannot light it. I can see the sparkle when turn on the ignition switch but fail to light it.

It maybe need a professional purge the fuel?

or any experience know it?

Thanks in advanced.

There should be a blue card under the fireplace. What it basically says is that if it doesn't light to wait 5 minutes and try again. The reason you wait 5 minutes is to let any gas buildup in the fireplace clear out before trying to light it again. Usually after 3-4 cycles it will have purged the air out of the line. You might also have something else wrong with the fireplace. If it has not been serviced in over a year you should call your local dealer and have them come out and check it over. Some dealers might be running summer service specials. Also if you have Heat & Glo or Heatilator or Quadrafire you can possibly upgrade your switch to a WSK-MLT which has a child lock mode on it. You might possibly have this switch already. It has 8 buttons and an LCD with a temp readout. Child Lock is UP-UP-DOWN and the same combo to remove it.