Honeywell Spyder custom input types

I have a job that has several PUB4022AS VAV controllers. 20k wall sensors were installed - but 3k discharge air sensors were installed in the leaving air duct. How do I change the input type on the controller to match the 3kohm temperature curve?

Change input to custom resistive and enter the lowest resistance with its' corresponding temperature and then the same for highest resistance. Hopefully the 3k is linear, if not it will not read properly.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Change input to custom resistive and enter the lowest resistance with its' corresponding temperature and then the same for highest resistance. Hopefully the 3k is linear, if not it will not read properly.
    Where exactly would I make that change? On the controller side or the Tridium side?

The wire sheet of the controller? The property sheet of the point? I don't see where to do what you describe.
    Thanks

With Syder tools in the controller application, in the specific modulating input configuration.

Engineering mode?

Yes engineering mode. Right click the modulating input and go into the config of the point. You will then have to invoke a download to the controller. If this is the first time using spyders you may want to bring in someone who has used them before or simply get the 20k sensor that you need instead of 3k, 20k will have a better accuracy resolution anyway. Kele makes some relatively cheap.

issues you may have: (these may not be the exact messages)
    Download failed due to com failure (Re-download controller)
    Download failed due to wrong model no. or controller not commissioned (right click the controller and view the controller summary to verify the model, go into the lonnetwork's device manager and commission the controller once commissioning is complete, re-download controller)
    Download failed due to a configuration error (re-download controller)
    After you get a successful download you will need to go into the lonnetwork's Lon link manager and bind the site, equipment may cycle off and on so be cautious. After the bindings are correct you will need to go into the lonnetwork's device manager and invoke a replace on the controllers you downloaded. After the controllers have been replaced you will need to go into the lonnetwork's Lon utilities Manager and set up , Decice: Local Lon Device Command: reports SubCommand: Verify. Then click execute. This will check all the links and make sure they all match properly. Any errors should be corrected by invoking a replace on the device.
    Good luck.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    Yes engineering mode. Right click the modulating input and go into the config of the point. You will then have to invoke a download to the controller. If this is the first time using spyders you may want to bring in someone who has used them before or simply get the 20k sensor that you need instead of 3k, 20k will have a better accuracy resolution anyway. Kele makes some relatively cheap.

issues you may have: (these may not be the exact messages)
    Download failed due to com failure (Re-download controller)
    Download failed due to wrong model no. or controller not commissioned (right click the controller and view the controller summary to verify the model, go into the lonnetwork's device manager and commission the controller once commissioning is complete, re-download controller)
    Download failed due to a configuration error (re-download controller)
    After you get a successful download you will need to go into the lonnetwork's Lon link manager and bind the site, equipment may cycle off and on so be cautious. After the bindings are correct you will need to go into the lonnetwork's device manager and invoke a replace on the controllers you downloaded. After the controllers have been replaced you will need to go into the lonnetwork's Lon utilities Manager and set up , Decice: Local Lon Device Command: reports SubCommand: Verify. Then click execute. This will check all the links and make sure they all match properly. Any errors should be corrected by invoking a replace on the device.
    Good luck.
    This is Bacnet - but I understand your LON response. I am using a standard Bacnet Venom VAV application. These are very detailed and have many layers on the wire sheet. What is an easy way to navigate directly to the modulating inputs so I can do the change?

Oh, oops i see the PUB now. In engineering mode drill down through VAV_112_Cnv_Ana/ZC_ZoneControl_112/ZC_Cnv_Option_B and you will see the modulating input for BoxDaTemp then just right click and configure the properties.
    You may have a different number or it may be Stg depending on which venom it is
    "It's always controls"