Comfortmaker RPJ II Filter Change (stupid question?)

OK this may be a dumb question, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the filter on my RPJ II. As it stands, there is no filter, but we need to get one on there. I don't have the manual for the unit, so no help there. The only thing I could find online was a reference to an "RJP II" that pointed to the filter rack being external. On mine it is inside and at such an angle that I can't slide the filter in. Was my unit built incorrectly? It would be a simple enough matter to detach the rack and re-attach it to the outside, if this is indeed where it is supposed to go. Anyone with the same model (or the manual), any help will be greatly appreciated. (Pregnant woman in the house, she's hot and angry!)

Have the rack relocated to the outside.
    And while they are there to do that.
    Have it serviced also.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Does it indeed have a filter rack or filter clips? What is the orientation of the furnace? (upflow, downflow, horizontal)

I have an RPJ II, and the filter is external (on the side). The manual says "each unit comes equipped with a filter rack shipped in the blower compartment of the furnace". It goes on to say the rack can be used for side return or bottom return. Looks like they just left yours in "shipping position". I bet its pretty dirty inside.