AprilAire Model 2400

AprilAire Model 2400

I am building a Energy qualified home. My builder has specified a trane system along with a April Aire model 2400. Can anyone tell me about this model? How does this compare with other units on the market?

April Aire 2400 is a good in-duct media filter. I use them myself. Low pressure drop up to about 3 tons, high filtering efficiency, reasonable cost to install. I also use the 2200, different size, same cost & efficiency.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Thanks kevin....pretty new to this stuff; major concern is my youngest son has real bad allergies to the point of almost making his bedroom a plastic bubble. We hate using the strong medication, so I rather spend the money on something that will at least keep him confortable while at home

Any media filter system is good.

I perfer the Honeywell or Air Bear due to ease of filter change out.. It's one nice large filter vs the folds of Apriaire I know some homeowner struggle with the Apirlaire.

Quote Originally Posted by tiiloui View Post
    Thanks kevin....pretty new to this stuff; major concern is my youngest son has real bad allergies to the point of almost making his bedroom a plastic bubble. We hate using the strong medication, so I rather spend the money on something that will at least keep him confortable while at home
    You may want to also look into the Aprilaire 5000. Great feedback from all that I've installed. When properly installed and maintained, it's one of the best air cleaners on the market; no collector plates to scrub--just change the media portion of the unit semi-annually. http://www.aprilaire.com/index.php?z...ry=7&item=5000