SMAN4 SYNC QUESTION

One of our techs has got the SMAN4 and SDP2.

I did the new firmware today for him on the sman4. And got it to sync up to IDWB on the SMAN

But is there a way to manually enter ODDB or a way to read ODDB without getting a wireless transmitter?? While using the SDP2.

Thanks

Now when i turn it on
    IDWB says NSC.
    and ODDB is blinking
    but i cant get it to switch back over to IDWB or get ODB to read on them per the instructions. Took the batteries out to try and reset and no go

Any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by klee7013 View Post
    Now when i turn it on
    IDWB says NSC.
    and ODDB is blinking
    but i cant get it to switch back over to IDWB or get ODB to read on them per the instructions. Took the batteries out to try and reset and no go

Any ideas
    To reset the wireless connection do the following:

Put it in Target Superheat Mode (IDWB, ODDB)
    Press Sync
    Leave it searching until it auto powers off (5 min)

Once you set it up it wants to stay synced to the last thing it was synced to, to make it easier. But sometimes if you switch it gets stuck searching for the last thing. It will "forget" it using the process above.

Russ

Thanks Russ. Got it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by klee7013 View Post
    Thanks Russ. Got it to work.
    Great! Glad you got everything working again.

Russell, am I understanding it correctly when the sman4 syncs, it has to sync to both to remain on wireless connection, so it can't remember to sync only the outdoor dry bulb while you manually enter the indoor wet bulb? I own all the wireless stuff including the hg3 and sdp2, but currently use only the aat3 to get my indoor wb, then plug it into my sman4, most usually because of dirty feet syndrome after washing the outside unit. It would be nice if I had the time to go back in to retrieve my sdp2, but our company loads us down with slow devices and paperwork. Time to chase is difficult.
    Advice is always free, but keep in mind free does not mean it's always right.

question for Russell, I want a sman4 and sdp2 so I can sync wet bulb, what do I need to sync oddb,or do you just enter it manually

You can enter ODDB manually and sync the sdp2 for IDWB. Took me a while to figure it out but it is doable. once you figure it out it is easy to do.

Russ that would be a quick easy video to do because the instructions can make it kinda of confusing.

ok thanks