I could not convince my 83-year old mother, who I am currently the pseudo-caregiver for, to elect the more energy saving components such as two-stage or a heat-pump. I did, however, convince her to pay the 20% higher asking price to the contractor who performed the better load calculations, who appeared better learned, trained, equipped and had the better track record with the BBB.
Here is what she signed up for:
1. RGLN07EAMER 80% AFUE Super Quiet 80
2. RAND030JAZ 13.0 SEER
3. RCFAHM3017 Coil
4. Install new refrigerant tubing
5. Resize the main return to 14" and the family room return to 8"
6. Resize the main return filter grille to 20" X 20"
7. Clean all supply ducts (camera used).
I will be publishing some before and after pics.