Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If Exreos suspicions did turn out to be true........ I wouldnt be surprised.

You got kids around here and Im sure all over the country who seem to have no problem killing their siblings and or parents.

Dont know what is wrong with a lot of these kids........ drugs.....the foods we eat today......tv the net......

Its happened before in situations where nobody believed the final outcome....or the truth....

Well for once we are in agreement here corn and also you are giving an "opinion" not stating said opinions as "fact".

Keep it up there corny. Your medication must be working. Thank you very much

law enforcement is "lying" but they are doing so to try to protect her future.
    obviously members of the media are trying to find out how much of a willing participant she was, but at 16 she can't be blamed for her actions.
    obviously she's been cleared of any crimes.
    the older she gets, the more guilt she will have to deal with.
    it's not right for the media to post her photo and identify her as a willing participant

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    law enforcement is "lying" but they are doing so to try to protect her future.
    obviously members of the media are trying to find out how much of a willing participant she was, but at 16 she can't be blamed for her actions.
    obviously she's been cleared of any crimes.
    the older she gets, the more guilt she will have to deal with.
    it's not right for the media to post her photo and identify her as a willing participant
    Not picking on anyone... however:

When did 'morals or right/wrong' change what the media does??? Other than public opinion going against them for running a story.

When the American public demands truth and facts... with little if any emotion or sensationalism... we will have taken a step towards honest media.
    Until then; they will run anything to make a buck.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

this issue isn't political news.
    the public doesn't really have a right to the facts.
    it's a private tragedy and the public should just know the gist of it

is there a possibility she did not know of the murders when he took her ?

This kind of reminds me of when the 25-year-old gets the 16-year-old pregnant and it is still rape even though the 16-year-old was a willing participant. I know I'm sounding like Brian GC here, but I don't know why the cops had to shoot this guy on sight. There sure hasn't been any talk about him shooting first on the internet or media has there? That means he never even fired a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by yaytech View Post
    is there a possibility she did not know of the murders when he took her ?
    She claims she didn't know, but she knew in Idaho that there was a manhunt for her because she said, "Well I guess we're caught now". This makes me tend to think she knew about the murders.

But I must admit that the responsibility was DiMaggio's to be the adult in the room. When you have a messed up in the head 16-year-old who doesn't get along with her dad and is looking for adventure, fun and excitment, somebody has to be the adult in the room, and that is where DiMaggio eventually failed. To murder 2 people over some sort of fantasy relationship is insane. I have to admit, this guy really went off the deep end, and that is sad for everybody. I just don't think Hannah Anderson is totally innocent in this matter like the media makes her out to be. Maybe I am wrong.

his dad kidnapped a girl too

his dad kidnapped a girl too
    But is it a kidnap if she opens the passenger door, puts on her seatbelt and says, "let's go!". I mean I don't know if that is what happened or not. But I still have not heard one thing about her being forced to get into that vehicle of his and go with him. Have you?

I'm guessing that for a least a few years there was a "above the board" relationship between this young girl and this father-like guy who was referred to as an Uncle even though he wasn't really her Uncle. She wrote letters to him and texted him. It just seems hard for me to understand that her dad or some other adult didn't see the perversion of DiMaggio coming. It's just like a light switch went off in him and his dark side suddenly appeared? This story just seems so bizzare to me. Is Hannah Anderson somewhat mentally retarded or autistic or something? Most any 16-year-old would know when an older man has crossed a line that should never be crossed. I guess I just see her cooperating with this guy rather than backing away from him. The responsibility to keep the right perspective on the relationship was DiMaggio's though. This girl just seems so irresponsible to me, and then paints herself as the innocent victim in cooperation with the police and media.

this issue isn't political news.
    the public doesn't really have a right to the facts.
    it's a private tragedy and the public should just know the gist of it
    In a truly free society, who decides what is public and private news?

When there is a special person who decides things... they are in power over others... and as such are susceptible to corruption.

The point of our founding documents is to limit this level of power as much as possible... to avoid corrupt govt.

And IMO the moral argument does not hold water... as morality cannot be legislated.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

ex.... I doubt the police are done with this case....... I bet they are trying to look into what was texted between them that day that they sent 13 texts back and forth..... and Id say they have plenty of computers to go thru.

If there is something to the story the cops are going to find it.

Also... Could you post a link to the story where you heard that gal said "Guess you got us" or whatever...... Im not doubting you......I just cant find it in any of the news stories I have read on the subject.

thanks
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In a truly free society, who decides what is public and private news?

When there is a special person who decides things... they are in power over others... and as such are susceptible to corruption.

The point of our founding documents is to limit this level of power as much as possible... to avoid corrupt govt.

And IMO the moral argument does not hold water... as morality cannot be legislated.
    There is no right to know what is private, the only thing we as a society have a right to know, is what impacts society. If she did something that involved the criminality of the act or was a partner of such act, then we have a right to know.

But whether she was nave and went willingly without knowing the criminality committed by him, does no constitute a crime, and considering here age should stay private, its called using discretion.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    There is no right to know what is private, the only thing we as a society have a right to know, is what impacts society. If she did something that involved the criminality of the act or was a partner of such act, then we have a right to know.

But whether she was nave and went willingly without knowing the criminality committed by him, does no constitute a crime, and considering here age should stay private, its called using discretion.

Roy
    You miss my point Roy... read the post carefully.

What we DO have a right to is there NOT be a place in govt where decisions are made as to what to censor and what to not censer. This amounts to selective information... which is on the road to tyranny.

And yes, we DO have a right to privacy.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast