Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by asm3686 View Post
    It helps in being shorter and lighter than the regular drill. And typically more RPMs than a regular drill which starts the screws easier in my experience. And the impact feature doesn't do much but to me it tells me when the screw is tight...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    IMO...
    The impact feature helps increase torque, while lowering the possibility one will strip out the screw (except for certain cabinets... grin).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Post Likes
    I've never used an impact for install work, does it really work any better than a regular drill?

Post Likes
    I can't imagine doing install work without an impact

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I've never used an impact for install work, does it really work any better than a regular drill?
    I think so... especially doing sheet metal work (driving screws).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Post Likes
    I run two sets

Bosh, 12V. small as can be non impact. love it for service work. the impact is good not great

I also have a DeWalt 12 volt set that I love but its just a bit too big for my service bag. (Veto closed top) but the fast recharge is great

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by arsco View Post
    I run two sets

Bosh, 12V. small as can be non impact. love it for service work. the impact is good not great

I also have a DeWalt 12 volt set that I love but its just a bit too big for my service bag. (Veto closed top) but the fast recharge is great
    I have the Bosch 12 volt set also. I keep the impact in my tool pouch when doing service. It's a awesome driver. It seems like it would do just fine on a residential install too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Post Likes
    I've got a porter cable 18v drill that I rarely use and my m12 drill/driver I use for just about everything.

Post Likes
    Dewalt !2V impact lives in the Veto. I have its big brother in the van if I need it. Impact just runs screws in with less effort compared to a drill and is lighter/smaller. Love the 12v for service work and light installing.

Post Likes
    until I got my first impact. I was thinking what was the point of them. Now I cant see how installers can live without one

Post Likes
    Impact has more torque and is faster on installs. The only thing the m12 has a problem with is the 7/8" spin bit Swage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12