Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duct lifts

I think our plan to get this motor up involves three men and one rope.

I am the new guy, so I know I will have my hands on the rope.
    "From those who contribute the most to those who contribute the least" Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Thanks! I think we will use this lift. Can you suggest a good catcher's mitt to go along with it.
    "From those who contribute the most to those who contribute the least" Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Catapult thats funny.... I likes that...

With boses its all about the dollar. three guys cost as much as one hour of a crane. its all in how you put it to the boss if he sees it will not cost more he is all for it. work smart not hard I think it is?
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    JEEZ! Will it support a load that size?

has anyone tried http://www.xtramanlift.com/

I have seen a lot of these over the last 20 years.
    The first ones had a hand crank that attached to your extension ladder. I seen one that you could hook your drill motor to. this one is the first I have seen that looks half way decent.

The problem or the REASON I never purchased........I always figured by the time I carried all that crap up to the roof and set up I could have already pulled up the damn compressor. I am a big guy so a lot of little guys may love this thing. I have seen techs that can barley handle the extension ladder, let alone pull a compressor onto a roof. If I was going to be pulling crap up on a job for a couple of weeks I maybe would purchase, 1200 bucks is kind of steep.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by dan wong View Post
    Hey, I am retiring, I will sell mine for Half. mine only go 12 feet.
    I am taking offer. email me.
    Last edited by dan wong; 04-26-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: it did not include the picture

I remember when I use to be duct guy and we used a telescopic lift for duct that used nitrogen with a remote. It was the best lift I had ever seen and it folded up and could be stored behind the seat of your truck and also was very lite as I weighted around 130lb back then and it was no problem to carry. I dont remember the model but it was blue and I am pretty sure it was made by Genie.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewest124 View Post
    I remember when I use to be duct guy and we used a telescopic lift for duct that used nitrogen with a remote. It was the best lift I had ever seen and it folded up and could be stored behind the seat of your truck and also was very lite as I weighted around 130lb back then and it was no problem to carry. I dont remember the model but it was blue and I am pretty sure it was made by Genie.
    Genie does make it. We just bought one to change out water source heat pumps. Makes for an easy change out.

I finally convinced the company (which I don't work for anymore) to buy a lift from Vermette over a year ago. We used it many times. Very helpful, convenient, and saved time compared to what we were used to...which was a ladder and rope...or worse.

I'd buy from them again.
    Get back to work.™

I have used my Genie Duct Lift forever and have had no problems!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast