+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duct lifts

Post Likes
    I just looked at the pic of your lift. It almost looks like you can bolt the forks to a high or low position. What do you think?

Post Likes
    I see what you mean.

It looks as if the forks are bolted into the highest position already. With two more sets of bolt holes to lower the forks.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by square2round View Post
    I see what you mean.

It looks as if the forks are bolted into the highest position already. With two more sets of bolt holes to lower the forks.
    To me it looks vice versa. Looks like they're bolted low with the upper hole the high position. Maybe I'm wrong

Post Likes
    The fork can be rotated 180d up. and like a previous poster said a 24" extension can be bolted to the forks, very versatile. the mast sections come in 24" and 60".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacmd2002 View Post
    To me it looks vice versa. Looks like they're bolted low with the upper hole the high position. Maybe I'm wrong
    I see what you mean and what zonko means. Turn the forks 180°. Makes sense now. Thanks.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by square2round View Post
    For which model? One man?? I think not.
    Yes,
    they all can, loaded with one man, including the one James posted.

"youth's guys" really need to read the directions for once.........

I do it all the time, the handle on the back side of the hand crank can be moved into multiple angle positions, see how low it is in James picture. it can rotate up to the 90 degree angle position and rolled onto a pick up bed. they have a tipping point you must find, you have to also lock the forks into place, (see the yellow bar). keeps the mast from rolling into your cage or back window when the Genie is laid over. the genie forks can also be put in upside down if you lack ceiling hieght for the mast, turns it into a platform.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by secorp; 05-04-2007 at 09:07 AM.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes
    Why would you be on a job that needed a lift and not have the manpower to move it?

Post Likes
    I see the problem now, James I do not see dolly wheels on your's? that's bent and not right, you should call them up and get the parts for it.

this break down POS has the dolly wheels on it...

Yours does not. I know they come with it, did not realize it was an extra?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Why would you be on a job that needed a lift and not have the manpower to move it?
    Huh?

I'm hanging a coil in a walk-in. The coil weighs 200#. But I don't need 3 guys there with their thumbs up their a$$ helping me out.

Break the lift down, throw it in my box truck with the coil, and go to work by myself.

I don't see the need for a Genie in the kind of work I handle. If I was doing bigger jobs, I'd have one. And I'd also have the team of mules to move it.

Post Likes
    ...I almost forgot.......my dad can beat up your dad

Post Likes
    Huh?

I'm hanging a coil in a walk-in. The coil weighs 200#. But I don't need 3 guys there with their thumbs up their a$$ helping me out.

Break the lift down, throw it in my box truck with the coil, and go to work by myself.

I don't see the need for a Genie in the kind of work I handle. If I was doing bigger jobs, I'd have one. And I'd also have the team of mules to move it.
    Fortunately I have a team of mules on standby when our genie needs to go up or down stairwells. You should see them eat though!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    Huh?

It wasn't a specific question to a single person...more of a general one

Post Likes
    You know, even if I needed/owned a Genie, I'd still have a Vermette for the smaller jobs. You don't use a sledge hammer to pound a nail right?

Post Likes
    Vermette sounds too French and like "vomit"

Pull over ..I am about to vermette

Post Likes
    You know, even if I needed/owned a Genie, I'd still have a Vermette for the smaller jobs. You don't use a sledge hammer to pound a nail right?
    Yep.

I'm not gonna buy something that really doesn't fit the scope of our work.

We had a Genie at our old shop. Besides using it for residential equipment only, the heaviest thing it was ever used for was holding up someone's patio that was falling down.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Real men don't Vermette.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Real men work smarter.
    Fixed.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Can someone recommend a lift to get a 250 lb 3 phase motor to the top of a roof that's 25 feet off the ground.
    "From those who contribute the most to those who contribute the least" Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Post Likes
    I like to use local sign crane guys for lifts like those. around here in Tampa they run about 100 dollars an hour, if they are not busy and close by I can schedule a lift for just the hour, other wise they charge a min. of 3 hours. some one guy outfits only charge 60 an hour, you have to call around.

I always wanted to try that one that hooks up to your extension ladder, anyone ever try that one?

PS.
    Last 5 horse I did all I had was a rope and hook, I barley made it up over the roof hatch.

Post Likes
    I think our plan to get this motor up involves three men and one rope.

I am the new guy, so I know I will have my hands on the rope.
    "From those who contribute the most to those who contribute the least" Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in