Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duct lifts

Why would you be on a job that needed a lift and not have the manpower to move it?

I see the problem now, James I do not see dolly wheels on your's? that's bent and not right, you should call them up and get the parts for it.

this break down POS has the dolly wheels on it...

Yours does not. I know they come with it, did not realize it was an extra?

If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Why would you be on a job that needed a lift and not have the manpower to move it?
    Huh?

I'm hanging a coil in a walk-in. The coil weighs 200#. But I don't need 3 guys there with their thumbs up their a$$ helping me out.

Break the lift down, throw it in my box truck with the coil, and go to work by myself.

I don't see the need for a Genie in the kind of work I handle. If I was doing bigger jobs, I'd have one. And I'd also have the team of mules to move it.

...I almost forgot.......my dad can beat up your dad

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmd2002 View Post
    Huh?

I'm hanging a coil in a walk-in. The coil weighs 200#. But I don't need 3 guys there with their thumbs up their a$$ helping me out.

Break the lift down, throw it in my box truck with the coil, and go to work by myself.

I don't see the need for a Genie in the kind of work I handle. If I was doing bigger jobs, I'd have one. And I'd also have the team of mules to move it.
    Fortunately I have a team of mules on standby when our genie needs to go up or down stairwells. You should see them eat though!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Huh?

It wasn't a specific question to a single person...more of a general one

You know, even if I needed/owned a Genie, I'd still have a Vermette for the smaller jobs. You don't use a sledge hammer to pound a nail right?

Vermette sounds too French and like "vomit"

Pull over ..I am about to vermette

You know, even if I needed/owned a Genie, I'd still have a Vermette for the smaller jobs. You don't use a sledge hammer to pound a nail right?
    Yep.

I'm not gonna buy something that really doesn't fit the scope of our work.

We had a Genie at our old shop. Besides using it for residential equipment only, the heaviest thing it was ever used for was holding up someone's patio that was falling down.
    Get back to work.

Real men don't Vermette.

Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Real men work smarter.
    Fixed.
    Get back to work.

Can someone recommend a lift to get a 250 lb 3 phase motor to the top of a roof that's 25 feet off the ground.
    "From those who contribute the most to those who contribute the least" Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand.

I like to use local sign crane guys for lifts like those. around here in Tampa they run about 100 dollars an hour, if they are not busy and close by I can schedule a lift for just the hour, other wise they charge a min. of 3 hours. some one guy outfits only charge 60 an hour, you have to call around.

I always wanted to try that one that hooks up to your extension ladder, anyone ever try that one?

PS.
    Last 5 horse I did all I had was a rope and hook, I barley made it up over the roof hatch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast