Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duct lifts

Quote Originally Posted by square2round View Post
    I'm gonna get this one. The 6515.

Specs are just about exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to weight (219lbs.), capacity (650lbs.), and height (15').

And for under $1500, can't beat it.
    Hey, I am retiring, I will sell mine for Half. mine only go 12 feet.

I quit oufits that don't have Genies.

No way I go back in time to brake down jacks, screw that.
    Genies can be loaded onto pick up's with one man and one arm, read the directions for cripes sake. for stairs a lot can come off, the legs, the forks, etc. then rolled up one stair at a time. the wheels never leave the stair step. only morons try and actually lift a genie, work smarter not harder. there is a reason break down jacksa cost less, they suck!
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Genies can be loaded onto pick up's with one man and one arm, read the directions for cripes sake.
    For which model? One man?? I think not.
    Get back to work.

I have the Vermette 512A. It's a great lift. One man can take this thing anywhere. Try that with a telescoping Genie. Genies are nice...heavy duty....and just damn heavy.

Make sure you get the fork risers too

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    We use the SLA 20 Genies. It's expensive, it's heavy and it ain't for sissy's

We got one of those. Nothing like cranking it up all the way,and lowering 55 gal drums of oil or chemicals down into a boiler room.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmd2002 View Post
    I have the Vermette 512A. It's a great lift. One man can take this thing anywhere. Try that with a telescoping Genie. Genies are nice...heavy duty....and just damn heavy.

Make sure you get the fork risers too
    That's the main thing I was looking for, maneuverability. The 6515 lifts 650 lbs. 15' high and weighs half of a Genie. That's good enough for our scope of work.

Not sure about the fork risers. What do they do? I can't find them on their site.
    Get back to work.

That's the main thing I was looking for, maneuverability. The 6515 lifts 650 lbs. 15' high and weighs half of a Genie. That's good enough for our scope of work.

Not sure about the fork risers. What do they do? I can't find them on their site.
    The fork risers slide onto the forks and give you another 20" or so of lift. What that does for you, is if you are limited for height, where you can't use another mast extension, but the forks don't go high enough to lift the load where you need it, slide the risers on. Or maybe you're extended as much as you can go, and you need 2' more. You 15' lift will now lift 17', as my 12' lift can lift 14'.

1/2 the time I use the lift, I use the risers, usually in walk-in coolers. Even if you don't do that kind of work, they were only like an extra $80 or so. Nice insurance to have around. Your supplier will have them in their catalog.
    I guarantee some day you will need them.

I just looked at the pic of your lift. It almost looks like you can bolt the forks to a high or low position. What do you think?

I see what you mean.

It looks as if the forks are bolted into the highest position already. With two more sets of bolt holes to lower the forks.
    Get back to work.

I see what you mean.

It looks as if the forks are bolted into the highest position already. With two more sets of bolt holes to lower the forks.
    To me it looks vice versa. Looks like they're bolted low with the upper hole the high position. Maybe I'm wrong

The fork can be rotated 180d up. and like a previous poster said a 24" extension can be bolted to the forks, very versatile. the mast sections come in 24" and 60".

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmd2002 View Post
    To me it looks vice versa. Looks like they're bolted low with the upper hole the high position. Maybe I'm wrong
    I see what you mean and what zonko means. Turn the forks 180. Makes sense now. Thanks.
    Get back to work.

For which model? One man?? I think not.
    Yes,
    they all can, loaded with one man, including the one James posted.

"youth's guys" really need to read the directions for once.........

I do it all the time, the handle on the back side of the hand crank can be moved into multiple angle positions, see how low it is in James picture. it can rotate up to the 90 degree angle position and rolled onto a pick up bed. they have a tipping point you must find, you have to also lock the forks into place, (see the yellow bar). keeps the mast from rolling into your cage or back window when the Genie is laid over. the genie forks can also be put in upside down if you lack ceiling hieght for the mast, turns it into a platform.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by secorp; 05-04-2007 at 10:07 AM.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast