Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital Gauges.

Digital Gauges.

Which Digital gauges do y'all think are best? Testo 570, Sman4, or Hilmor?

Eliminate Hilmor from that list and look into the Digi-Cool AK900 instead. The 570 is really nice on paper ( never used it myself ) but will run you over $1000 to get all the accessories; HVAC 5646 loves his.

I just purchased the sman3s mainly because I love fieldpiece support and quality. I know they are not as tough as the digi cools however I tend to take pretty good care of my electrical test equipment so that wasn't a big issue for me. the sman4 wouldn't benefit me because the only upgrades are the 4 valve manifold which I would never use because I invested in a proper vacuum setup. also the wireless capability really didn't have a benefit for me because its mainly used for target superheat which can be entered manually on the sman3. I also hear good things about testo manifold however I know they are not very user friendly for first time digital users. I would look at testo digicool or sman3 or 4 (depending on if the 4 valve and wireless would benefit you) also keep in mind digi cool are pretty much water proof. however when you own 400 gauge setup you probably wont be letting it get wet anyway haha
    "only 2 tools any man needs is wd40 and duct tape. if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape. if it doesn't move and should, use the wd40" -unknown

Digi Cool is really the only one. Unless you really need wireless stuff, then the sman4.

Are the digi-cool ak900 pretty much the same as the others?

Quote Originally Posted by KingCarlos View Post
    Are the digi-cool ak900 pretty much the same as the others?
    The differences are that you can drop, splash, dunk, bake, throw tools at, etc the AK900 and they just keep working. The others just turn over and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    The differences are that you can drop, splash, dunk, bake, throw tools at, etc the AK900 and they just keep working. The others just turn over and die.
    oh ok i get it... i will keep that in mind.

I like my Testo 550 set. I wish someone would make a set that would let you put a lot of the refrigerants on a inactive list. It's a real pia to have to toggle down so many different numbers to get from 22 to 410A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac hero View Post
    I like my Testo 550 set. I wish someone would make a set that would let you put a lot of the refrigerants on a inactive list. It's a real pia to have to toggle down so many different numbers to get from 22 to 410A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A" favorites" fuction for refrigerant. ..not a bad idea. Matte of fact I like it.

That feature was on the testo a while back
    If I remember right you could pick three "favorites" but the rest stayed in the program

I would honestly say try out the sman testo and digi cool and see which one you like the best. Digi-cool has rough rugged use written all over it. theres actually a video on here somewhere of a tech dunking his in water and not a single glitch. I borrowed some from a tech and just didn't care for the manifold they come with and the layout of the screen. im not rough on tools so I went with smans as I previously stated. I also don't like the fact that you kind of have to rig them up on an existing manifold if you don't favor the ball valve manifold as I didn't. I honestly think its all about preference. A lot of "techy" guys I know all seem to like the testos because theres so many things you can do with them as far as the printing analysis of system and a bunch of other fancy stuff I never need.
    "only 2 tools any man needs is wd40 and duct tape. if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape. if it doesn't move and should, use the wd40" -unknown

The yj analyzer has a setting that u can go from. 22 to 410a with just a quick swap no going through everything

Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    I would honestly say try out the sman testo and digi cool and see which one you like the best. Digi-cool has rough rugged use written all over it. theres actually a video on here somewhere of a tech dunking his in water and not a single glitch. I borrowed some from a tech and just didn't care for the manifold they come with and the layout of the screen. im not rough on tools so I went with smans as I previously stated. I also don't like the fact that you kind of have to rig them up on an existing manifold if you don't favor the ball valve manifold as I didn't. I honestly think its all about preference. A lot of "techy" guys I know all seem to like the testos because theres so many things you can do with them as far as the printing analysis of system and a bunch of other fancy stuff I never need.
    Same here. We're equipping our companies with SMAN3's, mainly to encourage making more use of SH & SC readings. Also, the built-in vac gauge will also be used until it breaks out of wrty, and then, well, it will be equipped like the DCool as far as vac goes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast