+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testo-557 micron measurement are way off

Post Likes

Testo-557 micron measurement are way off

Bought the 557 2 weeks ago, put it to the test and the microns readings are way lower than actual, it was reading between 500 to 0 microns when the actual pressure was over 1000 microns, I going to compare the pressures and temperatures readings next.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Likes
    There are a bunch of videos on YouTube about their separate micron gauge having issues also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    its my first Testo tool and I'm thinking about returning it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    its my first Testo tool and I'm thinking about returning it.
    I have the 550 and I use it for 22 and it has worked well. I bought it on that group buy a few years back. I have the ak900 also. If you get that spend the extra and get the clamps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    to be honest my 557 is only 3-4 months old, i gave up on the micron gauge and now use a new fieldpiece stand alone, or a old robin air. But my clamps are right on. after reading some input from here, for vac i will probably not use a manifold anymore, as i already have 3/8" yj hoses and a tee to use, have not tried yet.

Post Likes
    I use the 550 gauges for my daily calls. I've really enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Post Likes
    The 557's suck it's a waste of money testo won't step up and fix the problem there are 4 techs including me that have 557's that the micron gauge does not work on we all paid twice as much for a 4 valve 550

Post Likes
    I have the 570's and the micron gauge is way off from the bluvac. That being said the Sman4's are fairly close to the bluvac ONLY if the valve cores are removed. In all honesty I can't remember if I tried the 570's with the valve cores or not. I do know for a fact that the Testo 552 isn't as quick to respond as the bluvac or the Sman 4. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowling79 View Post
    The 557's suck it's a waste of money testo won't step up and fix the problem there are 4 techs including me that have 557's that the micron gauge does not work on we all paid twice as much for a 4 valve 550

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Bought the 557 2 weeks ago, put it to the test and the microns readings are way lower than actual, it was reading between 500 to 0 microns when the actual pressure was over 1000 microns, I going to compare the pressures and temperatures readings next.
    THe 557 has a resolution of 500 microns. It wont be as accurate as a stand alone micron gauge.
    Also after having eduated my self on Testo products from input recieved here and else where, it is not recommended that you EVEN use the on board micron gauge.
    And being so new Testo would back them up.
    Just curious but did you read the manual?

Post Likes
    I have the testo 557 guages also and the micron reading is way off. had a system that pulled down to 500 microns and my guage was reading 17000. tried to zero the guages a couple times. no change. i just got mine back in february.

Post Likes
    Why are you still using manifold gauges to pull a vacuum? WHY? All the manufactures need to get together and make VERY light 3 port gauges that are wireless. I'm sick of lugging around a set of massive gauges with hoses everywhere. When that happens I'll buy a set. My 3 port DC's work just fine.

When pulling a vacuum with the gauges (manifold 4 port) what do you have? twenty connections? All places to leak!!!
    Always here

Post Likes
    When pulling a vacuum with the gauges (manifold 4 port) what do you have? twenty connections? All places to leak!!![/QUOTE]

Nothing bad or unprofessional about using your manifold for dyhydration of a system.
    There are enough manifolds made by YJ that are rated to 50 microns. And YJ is so confident in them they will rebuild them for free if they ever leak for as long as you own them.
    I mounted one of my DCs to such a manifold.
    THEU ARE CALLED BRUTE II MAN - FOLDS.

I HAVE THE COMMERCIAL SERVICE 4 poRT SET.. THE HostE CODNECTIONS R 3/8 IN.. THE EVACUAT10N PORT IS 1/2 IN•

SENT FROM MY RETARDED LOASY SPE[ LING PHONE.

Post Likes
    I have never had hoses leak unless the gasket was bad which I change regularly, or I didnt tighten the connection.

Post Likes
    We have all had that set (4 port manifold) on here. I have had so many 4-port sets I lost count over the past 30 yrs. Not using it to pull a vacuum is so much better. But hey.....do what yo wish. Just my .02
    Always here

Post Likes
    I appreciate it I was just talking about my experiences that's all

Post Likes
    Have at times pulled with the Sman 4's but have just noticed that they ar leaking at about 600 microns. Very disappointed I expected more. Years ago all I used was the Imperial 4 valve and was never AWARE, of any problems. Having micron gauges has changed all that. But my first micron gauge was a Supco with the lights. Probably bought it about 30 years ago. Thought I could replace it with the Sman. WRONG. Bought the BluVac (UEI), and now I know for sure when I have a good vac.

Post Likes
    micron gauges have opened alot of eyes. Back in the day let her run for an hour, with analog's (Who knows what it pulled down to)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    micron gauges have opened alot of eyes. Back in the day let her run for an hour, with analog's (Who knows what it pulled down to)
    What do you mean, "back in the day"? I'd be surprised if even 10 - 15% of your peers use a micron gauge (regardless if they have one in the truck or not!). I wish I could convince them all to. I'd be a very wealthy man!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    What do you mean, "back in the day"? I'd be surprised if even 10 - 15% of your peers use a micron gauge (regardless if they have one in the truck or not!). I wish I could convince them all to. I'd be a very wealthy man!
    How would you become wealthy man? are selling micron gauges? (or a contractor, who has to pay for bad installation practices?)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    How would you become wealthy man? are selling micron gauges? (or a contractor, who has to pay for bad installation practices?)
    I'm the inventor/designer/mfgr. of the BluVac. Thought everyone knew that by now...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in