Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Remember that USB to serial won't work with HVACPRO; you have to have a real serial port; I hear on the new SW its fixed..

Post Likes

USB To Serial

I have a USB to serial port converter and an N-2 connect cable and I can access controllers just fine. You just have to make sure the com port is either 1 or 2.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Post Likes
    EMP,

go check the Ebay link that I posted at the beginning of this thread. This one works with a USB connection.

Post Likes
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have HVAC Pro for my old XP laptop but it will not load on my new Win 8.1 Toshiba. My old Dell 600m running XP Pro is like watching paint dry, very painful but it does have a serial port. I now use a "Blackboc" USB to Serial" adapter along with a null modem cable so I want to switch laptops. where is the best place to get this software?
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have HVAC Pro for my old XP laptop but it will not load on my new Win 8.1 Toshiba. My old Dell 600m running XP Pro is like watching paint dry, very painful but it does have a serial port. I now use a "Blackboc" USB to Serial" adapter along with a null modem cable so I want to switch laptops. where is the best place to get this software?
    Thanks.
    The HVACpro soft ware can be reloaded on Win8.1. If you have an XP disk go to a windows store (if available in your area) and they can load just what you need to run HVACpro.

We use the S Squared usb to N2 adapter. In fact we have sold them to JCI branches too.

Post Likes
    I have M-Tools v5.1.

Post Likes
    I have M-Tools v5.1.
    Time to upgrade. Part number MW-MTOOL-6 find a JCI ABCS (try M&M in VA) the upgrade is not as expensive as the initial purchase price.

Post Likes
    I have M-Tools v5.1.
    Failure2Comply,
    You really should be using 5.4.2 with the 8.08B patch. What control distributor didn't say was that you have to run some sort of Virtual Machine because HVAC-Pro will NOT run on 64 bit OS. It doesn't work correctly on Win7 if you can get it to run at all. Found that out the Hard Way !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control distributor View Post
    Time to upgrade. Part number MW-MTOOL-6 find a JCI ABCS (try M&M in VA) the upgrade is not as expensive as the initial purchase price.
    Actually I got it from M&M during a class I took. Great people!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    Failure2Comply,
    You really should be using 5.4.2 with the 8.08B patch. What control distributor didn't say was that you have to run some sort of Virtual Machine because HVAC-Pro will NOT run on 64 bit OS. It doesn't work correctly on Win7 if you can get it to run at all. Found that out the Hard Way !
    Thank you, I will see about getting it.

Post Likes
    I had to use M-Tools as well few months ago. On a Win7 machine the pro and up versions have Windows XP-mode available. Install it and you can run older programs. Then I used the Seriel to USB from Staples. This was for some older Metasys gear. You still need to go this way to program and download to the JC Facility Explorer FX gear that use FX CommPro N2 OPEN and FX Builder. I still have a lot of sites with the now "Legacy" FX controllers, FX16,FX15,VMAs etc.... The Disk, FX Tools 4.1, does not need a license to run.

Post Likes
    Hi people sorry to resurrect this thread yet again :-) i'm in the UK and have just been gifted 2 large hotel sites with DX9100 in the main plant rooms and TC-9102 terminal units in 150 rooms, historically i have used the DX series of controllers but have long since mislaid the programming tools. so the question is (as Johnsons over here seem to have no idea what i'm talking about) where can i get a copy of the software and what do i need to talk to the n2 network, i recall i used an rs232/rs485 adapter before and could talk to dx's with no issue is this the same for the tc's? any help appreciated Stuart

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Batpooh View Post
    Hi people sorry to resurrect this thread yet again :-) i'm in the UK and have just been gifted 2 large hotel sites with DX9100 in the main plant rooms and TC-9102 terminal units in 150 rooms, historically i have used the DX series of controllers but have long since mislaid the programming tools. so the question is (as Johnsons over here seem to have no idea what i'm talking about) where can i get a copy of the software and what do i need to talk to the n2 network, i recall i used an rs232/rs485 adapter before and could talk to dx's with no issue is this the same for the tc's? any help appreciated Stuart
    Batpooh (interesting username ?)
    My suggestion is to get a native windows XP-Pro SP2 machine with a serial port, order the MW-MTOOL-0 software and buy a Null modem cable. The DX9100's have a serial port that allows connection without an RS232/RS485 converter.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12