Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

HVAC PRO Software

Do you have to get it from Johnson Controls or can you get it somewhere else? Is it registered? And how much does it cost? I might be getting some JCI accounts and would need it.

thanks for any info.

Post Likes
    You can get it from just about anyone. You'll need the correct cable kit (AS-CVT-PRO - about $300) and M-Tool which will have everything. I think M-Tool is about $ 300 but you can probably get it free from someone on this forum.

You'll need a serial port on your PC or you can order one of these on EBAY for a USB port.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Johnson-Controls...QQcmdZViewItem

Post Likes
    This is a great product
    But what is the Johnson Controls model number
    My company can not purchase thru E-Bay ,only thru Johnson Controls

or a brand name supply house

The supplier must have a bussiness address
    and phone number

We would have to purchase about seven to eight

Thank You

Post Likes
    There is no JCI number. This is made by a guy in China somewhere. If you don't buy this then you are stuck getting the AS-CVT-PRO kit for $ 300.00 each.

I suggest you buy one personally and then expense it if you can. there are no connection cables with this to the device's whereas you get all of this with the AS-CVT-PRO kit.

Wait! Wait! New update I just read this link and now you can buy just the converter and or the the cable kit (you couldn't before - you had to buy the whole kit). FYI, the JCI connector is JUNK and everyone knows it. The cable breaks all of the time. I have gone through three in one year alone.

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...DF/1900117.PDF

Post Likes
    Thanks for the information. I guess the M-tool is software to? Can I get HVAC-pro from the ebay site that has all the connections?

Post Likes
    Just ask if someone from this site if they can get it for you.

Post Likes
    Many RS-232 to RS-485 converters will work to connect to the N2 network.

Roadking you have e-mail.
    "There is plenty of room at the top because very few people care to travel beyond the average route. And so most of us seem satisfied to remain within the confines of mediocrity." -- Benjamin Nnamdi Azikiwe, first president of Nigeria

"It's not the customer's job to know what they want." -- Steve Jobs

Post Likes
    See Road King,

You'll probably be inundated with work-arounds by tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Got the Emails. That's just what I needed to know.

Thanks for info.

Post Likes
    We are a JCI ABCS, that means we have access to the DDC products. The CBL pro is a good tool, but if you want to connect via N2 only (not via Zone Bus) there is a great USB to N2 bus converter that we all use. http://www.s2innovations.com/content.php?id=15 You can buy it from them, ur me. They are in Canada and will wack you for freight & brokerage fees.

Post Likes
    Control Distributor

Thanks for the web site. Where is your control company out of? Do u have web site?

Post Likes
    We are in MASS, but we have friends all over the US. I can find you a good local JCI distributor if you need one. We are letting our website implode because we are in the process of building a new one. With so much to do the website is constantly on the back burner. Check us out now or better yet mid-summer. www.interstatecontrols.com

Post Likes

USB to Serial

Have any of you ever used the USB to Serial cable that is up on ebay (China)? It looks like a nice product, although it is not clear to me if it allows a direct connection to the N2 bus on say a DX-9100. I am trying to connect a PC with an N2 driver installed directly to a DX-9100 so I can read the data without JC software. Any experience or knowlege with/about that cable would be appreciated.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast