Thread: Fridge Lifespan

Fridge Lifespan

Hi! Refrigerator = 7 year old Admiral LTF2112ARB; it's a old school top freezer with no fancy electronics. The compressor gets louder in the winter and a bit more every year. Otherwise, it works flawlessly. I've been told it's probably not worth replacing major parts on it. Could I get a few guesses on how long this might last????? I'm hoping to replace it before it costs me some food.

Keep the coils (inside and out) clean and it will last as long as reasonable.

I have a Frigidaire side/side counter depth I bought used for 4 bills that is 17 years old in my home. Gets defrosted and cleaned every spring.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I have an old Frigidaire R12 chest freezer. My parents owned it when I was in high school in the 70's. It's in my unheated, not cooled garage working like a champ! It has never had a day off. Its like part of the family.

I have a 1962 Frigidere in my garage working fine moved it out of the house when we remodeled the kitchen 4 years ago. Don't expect a newer model to last that long.
    In GOD We Trust