Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    What's the model number ? All the one doors I saw on there web site were 134a

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Are you serious! The oem won't tell you the size of the cap tube?
    no...its bull****...ive been down this road like twice...caravell is in denmark and they go thru "metal frio solutions" here in the US. they'll let me buy the original cap tube for a whopping $155 dollars but they won't tell me the specs on it

its a caravell 377-037

Quote Originally Posted by UmmScott View Post
    no...its bull****...ive been down this road like twice...caravell is in denmark and they go thru "metal frio solutions" here in the US. they'll let me buy the original cap tube for a whopping $155 dollars but they won't tell me the specs on it
    Pack it up and drop it on their corporate office doorsteps in a million peices! Like the old lady in the tire commercials! Serious!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QjTIm-vSKg

yep...It shows r404a, also has a 62page manual in Danish

Hold on !! I found the English version.

awesome!...Can anyone tell me how to properly set that cpr valve? Are the evaporator and true suction pressures supposed to be different during freeze? Or is the only purpose of that valve to prevent the suction from going to high during the hot gas defrost?

It's to keep the compressor from overamping and shutting off on it's IP!

You may want to try andy's program! Is any of the current cap tube attached to the suction line?
    http://boxload.tecumseh.com/SelectCapTube.aspx

no the original cap tube wrapped around the suction line but the tech who replaced it just ran it up to the evap

At 5* your suction should be around 27psig. not 10. With a 10* TD.

Try the program! I had a mccall wouldn't make temp in a hot snack bar w/ no A/C. Sized it using the program and it worked! Also wrapped what i could around the suction for the heat exchanger. Here's the thread! http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....l-refrigerator
    I'm not familiar with hot gas defrost! Never seen it! Except on Ice machines!

Weighing in a charge after changing a cap tube, drier or other system component like that is really just a baseline method to begin establishing charge.

Once you've changed the piping from OEM in any way, you've changed the system's entrained charge.

I know this might come as a shock, but the manufacturer might even be wrong with their charge.

So, start with the weighed in charge listed and add/subtract charge as needed.

How do you know when it's properly charged you ask?

Well, those useless metrics you mentioned earlier... Superheat and subcooling.

You don't even need a gauge to set a CPR, either, just an amprobe. Put the amprobe on the compressor and dial in the CPR until the compressor motor is drawing just under FLA. DONE!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast