Hybrid View

Electric servo closing above door transfer grills ?

There was a discussion about this type in a older post. I didn't bookmark the thread. Of course I can't find it.

The above door transfer grills discussed had servo controlled shutters in them which closed when the HVAC is not operating.

A Yahoo search has also been futile.

Typically if a wall is fire rated a fire / smoke damper is installed in the transfer air. This is controlled by a fire system that closes it if a detector goes off along with shutting down HVAC units ( depending on cfm). I don't think it should be closing based on AHU mode.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

The transfer grill I am talking about is designed to be used instead of a return duct in every room when there is zoning. These help to keep having extra return ducting run in unconditioned space.

Sorry, I have never seen a mod in a return air for zoning purposes. Transfer air openings are very common in building using a ceiling return air plenum. The only dampers I've ever seen in the returns are as I described. I work with vav systems on almost a daily basis including vvt and never saw zone control in return air be it ceiling return or ducted return but of course that doesn't mean I have seen everything. I am interested in hearing more about this system and the sequence of operation.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

I have searched through my previous product search reading and still can't find the post about this product.

It is mounted above a doorway for instance a bedroom. It is motorized, opens/closes by the the control of a zone thermostat. It's suggested use was residential.

A commenter posted a link to the product with some images and documentation. Maybe someone will see this and post the link again....