Infinity Touch Control WIFI connection

Just got a new Heating and AC system installed and I'm trying to get the Infinity Touch Control wireless configured.

I've hooked up the supplied wireless router and verified that I can connect through it with my computer and reach carrier.com, google.com, etc. Conclusion Wireless router works as expected. (not that I need an extra wireless router, but I'm trying to stick with the recommendations before detouring...)

I've configured the Infinity Touch Control with the supplied WPA2 password. On the Infinity Touch Control under 'remote access status' it says 'network status: connected' however 'MyInfinity server: not connected' and references address: 'www.api.ing.carrier.com'

pinging 'www.api.ing.carrier.com' reports 'request timeout'

and

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.c...ng.carrier.com
    reports it's down.

So it looks like my next step is to contact 1-800-CARRIER. Have I missed anything?

Thank you very much for your time.

Have your installing dealer upgrade to the latest firmware for the Control. I think v9 is the latest
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

The box sticker says 'Version 08' So there is a new firmware version that may fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by osunderdog View Post
    I've hooked up the supplied wireless router and verified that I can connect through it with my computer and reach carrier.com, google.com, etc. Conclusion Wireless router works as expected. (not that I need an extra wireless router, but I'm trying to stick with the recommendations before detouring...)
    I don't know a lot about the carrier system you have installed, but I do know with any wireless device, you can use the one your original wireless router you had for your desktops/laptops, I would not have two wireless routers in my home, to me it seems like it might cause a conflict, but this is just my guess. Routers can accommodate many different devices, with multiple IP addresses. I would just like to know why carrier recommends an additional router, "IF" you already have one, must be their proprietary thinking.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I don't know a lot about the carrier system you have installed, but I do know with any wireless device, you can use the one your original wireless router you had for your desktops/laptops, I would not have two wireless routers in my home, to me it seems like it might cause a conflict, but this is just my guess. Routers can accommodate many different devices, with multiple IP addresses. I would just like to know why carrier recommends an additional router, "IF" you already have one, must be their proprietary thinking.
    Bill - proprietary was not the thinking. The reason is two fold. First they use wireless b technology. They did not think there would distance or structure issues since the UI has a specific spot it resides in. Not necessarily reality. The second reason was the size of the data packets. In early testing there was concern that the packet size would slow down home networks.

There are many that work well with the home router. Some do not. There are also some ISP's that do not direct the data packets properly. Carrier is working on that.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Yes. Carrier offers other controllers that don't have this feature...
    I've was spoiled by a NEST thermostat, so I'm looking for a Carrier thermostat that has web control. Thus far I am not being spoiled by my Infinity Touch Control experience.

I checked back on the controller at ~1am EST and it had finally decided to connect. The registration page said that it might take a few minutes to connect before registration could be completed. 2040 minutes later...

Maybe there is some registration that has to be done by the dealer before the online registration can be completed? Not sure.

Anyway it appears to be working as advertised now.
    Thank you for your help.
    I'll have firmware updated later.