Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjune54 View Post
    I have used this tool for about six months and it has worked quite well.You do have to check temp. calibration at least once a month.Mine has needed adjusting twice.
    how are you doing the calibration?

I use an ice/water mixture and another cooper digital instrument (MFM300)
    It may not be the Fieldpiece at fault.I let the installers use it since i got the cooper and they aren't very carefull with tools that aren't their own.But when calibrated i'm satisfied with the results.

I've got a question for anyone who uses the digital gauges with auto temp readings for super heat and sub cool.
    On the discharge line how are you able to get subcool readings unless the hose is connected to a liquid receivers king valve.
    To me it seems that you can only get these readings on commercial sized units.
    I don't want to spend that kind of money unless I can save a bunch of time taking temp readings.
    Thanks for any input.

Hey BigJon.
    How much does that digital manifold weigh? I've got that manaifold, except mine has the standard oil-filled guages. The thing wieghs a ton, but I like it. I wonder if I could get my shop to spring for that thing? It's gotta be a hell of a lot more accurate.

Ohh.. I only wish I knew....I'm in the same boat as you. I just google'd Yellowjacket gages and found it.

Well, Santa just came (at CC Dixon that is); I just brought home my new YellowJacket digital gauge set. (I might mention that this item was back-ordered.) It is only 60^ outside so I doubt I can do much besides learn how to work the buttons today. This appears to be a rock solid product from handling it. If it works as well as it looks (and seems on paper), this will be a welcome addition to the tool collection.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Nice Ga...just rub it in why don't ya.....Congrats maybe one day I can get some. Does it have temp probes for the sh and sc? or (dumb question) does it do it through the charge hoses?

GA,
    How much did you pay @ CC Dickson??

I was quoted $684 at CC's in Spartanburg without the hoses. Johnstone Supply had them in their sales brouchure for $699 with the hoses. I ordered mine online, I forget the site, for a little less, not much, but nobody had them locally when I ordered.

Bobby

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBJr View Post
    I was quoted $684 at CC's in Spartanburg without the hoses. Johnstone Supply had them in their sales brouchure for $699 with the hoses. I ordered mine online, I forget the site, for a little less, not much, but nobody had them locally when I ordered.

Bobby
    And the best is Johnstone wanted me to pay the shipping
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

O K guys (and ladies);

Truth be known: I first saw the add for digi-cool about 2 years ago. Read about it and thought seriously about ordering one. But thought better of spending the $$$ on something that had not had a 'shake down in the field' so to say... I decided to wait until one of the main line tool companies brought out one. Well since YellowJacket picked up the EXACT unit I wanted, I waited to see if their offering was rock solid. I have not used this product in the field yet (others here have, Mark Beiser comes to mind), but I think it will be a good investment and a welcome addition to the tool pouch (besides having a lot of 'gee-whiz' appeal when the HO is watching...

To answer your question: Yes, there is ONE temp probe (well, it is a sensor with a velcro strap). By selecting different modes and changing the sensor between the liquid and suction lines, you can do SH or SC. Just a guess, but looking at the design of the unit it would take a serious re-design to have both SH and SC going at the same time (I doubt that feature will be coming on the YJ unit any time soon).

I ordered a Super-Evac kit, a tubing bender with reverse attachment, some misc stuff and the digital manifold. Total was close to $2K. The manifold was around $650 (with hoses--get the 40805 kit--> includes a 4 valve Titan manifold, 4 hoses, and the digital head). The CC Dixon I deal with has a GREAT manager and crew, they believe in working WITH folks; rather than ripping them off. (And no, I did not pay freight).

I honestly cannot wait to try out this new toy...er...tool... . I think tomorrow afternoon after Church I will attach it to my home system and see what goes on with the A/C (assuming it warms up a little... high today was about 65 and cloudy).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by oil lp man View Post
    I've got a question for anyone who uses the digital gauges with auto temp readings for super heat and sub cool.
    On the discharge line how are you able to get subcool readings unless the hose is connected to a liquid receivers king valve.
    To me it seems that you can only get these readings on commercial sized units.
    I don't want to spend that kind of money unless I can save a bunch of time taking temp readings.
    Thanks for any input.
    I just looked at Yellow Jackets spec sheet on their new digital maniold gauge.
    Before I saw it I thought the manifold picked up a reading of the gas or liquid temps
    via the hoses. Instead I see there is a tap on the right front side for a temp probe.
    Guess i should pay more attention next time.

I did the same thing. I was thinking about the price of replacing these charging lines with a temp probe built into them....lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast