Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think they would be nice, but I'm tooo cheap.
    Digital still has transducers, seen them go bad on Carriers and McQuay's

I have not worked much with 410a but I have heard they use different oils, wouldent this cause contamination by switching from 22 to 410 with the same guages? just my thought.

They do use different oils. The POE oils can mic with trace amounts of mineral oils.

http://www.lennoxcommercial.com/res/...10a/frame4.htm
    http://www.lennoxcommercial.com/res/...0a/frame15.htm

They are also "backward compatible" with mineral oils according to this from Lennox.

Hey Ga-Tech, How you liking the digital YJ gauges you picked up last year?
    Just curious to see if they are holding up for you.I just picked up a set 2 weeks ago and find them pretty damn nice.
    Hows yours for accuracy on the SH/SC mode??
    I sometimes question the temp reading I get with the velcro strap temp probe thingy.
    I use a fluke meter with clamp on temp- as most here do.

Quote Originally Posted by acemechanical View Post
    Hey Ga-Tech, How you liking the digital YJ gauges you picked up last year?
    Just curious to see if they are holding up for you.I just picked up a set 2 weeks ago and find them pretty damn nice.
    Hows yours for accuracy on the SH/SC mode??
    I sometimes question the temp reading I get with the velcro strap temp probe thingy.
    I use a fluke meter with clamp on temp- as most here do.
    I think the YJ is a GREAT tool, and I am glad I bit the bullet and spent the $$$! Just FYI: Doug Lockhart (Digi-cool, the company that builds the units for YJ) will have an upgrade kit out by the fall that will add some neat features. The estimated price will be around $200, you can install it yourself.

I generally use a different temp sensor also, I think the YJ is not that accurate. Part of the upgrade will be a dual clamp (two separate clamps) style sensor (both high and low clamps, albeit the unit will only do Sh or SC one at a time... need to switch back and forth).

What I can say for sure is that this unit is ROCK SOLID!!!!! I have dropped it once, and it has been rained on a few times. Not a single problem other than the temp issue we all know about. I must admit it is a tad tuff to red in some extreme sunlight conditions, but most LED screens have this problem.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123