New Trane System

I recently had a new Trane XB14 and TAM7 installed. I live in Tampa and it is very hot and humid. I keep the Temp on 82 and the humidity stays between 45% and 49%. I am comfortable with the ceiling fans running. Would you agree that this is good performance considering the thermostat is set at 82?

Impressive. Normally with the stat set so high, the sucker doesn't run much and the humidity would be lots higher.

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay11 View Post
    I recently had a new Trane XB14 and TAM7 installed.
    I live in Tampa and it is very hot and humid.
    I keep the Temp on 82 and the humidity stays between 45% and 49%. I am comfortable with the ceiling fans running.

Would you agree that this is good performance considering the thermostat is set at 82?
    GOOD.
    You might try 80'F in the evening / night.

I have an 2001 Armstrong set at 79'F ( 76 - 77 evening) and it maintains 40% throughout the year.
    Sometimes cooling season is nearly 8 months.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

That is a good humidity level. Very rare to see consumers comfortable at 82 degrees.
    May I ask how the size of the equipment was determined?
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2rock View Post
    That is a good humidity level. Very rare to see consumers comfortable at 82 degrees.
    May I ask how the size of the equipment was determined?
    Only one of the 4 contractors did a load calculation. The results indicated that the 3.5 Ton XB14 and TAM7 would be the appropriate unit. The original unit was a builder grade Carrier that was 3 Ton. It just got tired and started causing me problems so I opted out to replace it. I have only had it for 3 months, but it appears that my electric bill has decreased by around 30%. I have learned so much from this site.