Shutoff valves- isolation of Condenser or Line Set/Evap?

Question Shutoff valves- isolation of Condenser or Line Set/Evap?

Hello, my first post here.

Just wondering about the shutoff's on my Carrier split 5 ton Heat Pump/AC unit. There are shutoff valves on the Liquid and Suction connections to the Condenser Assembly.
    Obviously they separate the Condenser/Compressor from the (line set and) Evaporator/Air Handler but my question is this:

When the valves are closed, which side of the system remains connected to the service Schrader valves?
    My guess would be the Condenser/Compressor but I asked because I'm not 100% sure.....

Here's another question sort of related but not directly:
    There's a Service Port Schrader valve attached to the Suction line (internally at the Accumulator side attached to the compressor).
    What is this service port used for?

Oh, and thanks so much....

Quote Originally Posted by branded View Post
    Hello, my first post here.

Just wondering about the shutoff's on my Carrier split 5 ton Heat Pump/AC unit. There are shutoff valves on the Liquid and Suction connections to the Condenser Assembly.
    Obviously they separate the Condenser/Compressor from the (line set and) Evaporator/Air Handler but my question is this:

When the valves are closed, which side of the system remains connected to the service Schrader valves?
    My guess would be the Condenser/Compressor but I asked because I'm not 100% sure.....

Here's another question sort of related but not directly:
    There's a Service Port Schrader valve attached to the Suction line (internally at the Accumulator side attached to the compressor).
    What is this service port used for?

Oh, and thanks so much....
    If the valves are closed, isolating the condenser and compressor the schraeder ports will give access to the refrigerant line.

The other port is probably true suction on a heat pump

Thanks......