Confused Nest issues: Rc not getting power

Okay, so here's my story:

I recently purchased 2 Nest thermostats, one for the downstairs and one for the upstairs. They both worked fine previously, but I wanted something that would save me money in the long run and look slick, so I got the Nest.

Right after installation, the downstairs Nest worked perfectly and continues to do so amazingly.

The issue is with the upstairs Nest. The first week it ran fine, but then after that it would turn off and say there's no power going into the Rc port. I installed both Nests the same way and there was no issues with the old thermostat upstairs. Now I did change the fuse to make sure that wasn't the problem...and I thought it was, because it started working again! But after a couple of days...same Rc no power issue. So I changed the fuse again...powering off the main switch to make sure I dont get shocked...and it went back on again!!! I had thought I had fixed it, but nope. A couple of days later it turned off again with the same Nest error e32 or something (no power to Rc).

Does anyone have any recommendations before I call the professionals? It's the the Nest that's having issues because I switched with the dowstairs Nest and it had the same problem upstairs. It's gotta be something with the upstairs HVAC...maybe wiring issues? Not sure.

Does anyone have any recommendations before I call the professionals? It's NOT the Nest that's having issues because I switched with the dowstairs Nest and it had the same problem upstairs. It's gotta be something with the upstairs HVAC...maybe wiring issues? Not sure.

Call a professional.

No DIY advice here.

I moved to Ask our Pros but as Brent said, wiring issues come under the heading of DIY and we tend to avoid that per site rules. Might try Nest tech support.

It probably needs a common wire run to it or Nest will send you a resistor to wire in. I'd call to verify.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

The problem is that the nest is a second rate piece of trash thermostat, with a sleek look.

Lets say you have a system that does not have a common wire:
    The nest will constantly send about 9 volts to the contactor in the outdoor unit, to shed voltage. Under-voltage to parts kills their lifespan.

Get rid of the nest. It's garbage.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted