+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: walk in freezer controls

Post Likes
    I'd be taking a look at that TXV to see if it's rated for 404A. We took over a McDonald's from another O/O and they were running 404 through the MAC6 and into a 502 TXV. I had nothing but problems until I got rid of it. (of course, the coil was an ancient McQuay, didn't help much either. evap coil fins looked like someone straightened them with a tennis racket.)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydykes55 View Post
    I have not solved the problem yet. I have been overloaded with work. Temp is holding at 20. I went back Friday morning and adjusted the charge. The suction was 46. I managed to get it down to 36 and still keep a clear sight glass.
    If I go lower, I start getting bubbles. Temp dropped to 15. I had to leave and when I came back, temp was 20 again. I don't know how much traffic was in and out as it was a busy time of day when I checked. I will try to find a day this week to spend some time with it. The cond fan cycling switch is there but is not in the circuit. I don't know why it was disconnected. Defrost clock is working, heaters are working through the full defrost cycle (I didn't check the amps, but they are getting hot and defrosting nicely). I have to regroup and get you guys some fresh info, since I adjusted the charge down. Tonight I want to put something along the bottom of the door at closing time, where the seal is gone, and check temp first thing the next morning. It hasn't been long since I washed condensing coils - 2 months. But that's a good point, I can clean them with cleaner. I need another day to get my safety circuits/fan cycling wired in, gather some data (SH, pressures, temps). I will then repost. The txv is light gray. The condenser is check marked for 502 refrigerant. I dropped in 404A as I was told to do that by my predecessor. He said it wouldn't hurt. I feel if I can get this one right. Owners have had me on other projects, such as a new menu boards and recessed lighting, and he casually asked "is it possible to get the temp any lower". After adjusting the defrost clock, I seemed to eliminate the icing issue.
    For 404a I'd want the suction to be around 20 for a 0 degree box which is what the freezer should be rated for.

Post Likes
    So how did you adjust it to reduce suction pressures?
    So do you have mixed refer now.?
    The compressor still has mineral oil.?

Post Likes
    Can the compressor pull into a vacuum with suction valve front seated? Try closing the liquid line valve to see what happens to the pressures this will imitate llsv operation. The compressor head valves or headmaster might be doing weird things.

Post Likes
    I know this thread is long overdue. I have not been back on this site for a few months. I was to the point of evacuating, changing the txv, and weighing in a new charge -
    as a last ditch effort. this evaporator and condenser is looks like they were drug out of the scrap yard, so we were looking at replacing the system. However, the last thing I
    did was clean the cond coils with cleaner and the next day we were at 0-5 degrees. It has been 5 months or more with no problems. So I have learned a great deal about freezers
    on this old beat up piece of equip. I've since fixed a few more. I am no longer intimidated by freezers or coolers. I have made a ton of mistakes, done stupid things I am not
    proud of and I have paid the price. today, I try to fix it right the first time. I need to start reading threads again. This site is invaluable to me. Thanks for everyone's feedback!
    td55

Post Likes
    So next time you'll clean the condenser first right?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Have u never read one of 2 sacs posts? Ever?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    ^^^this...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmScott View Post
    ^^^this...

No one remembers the basics.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    No one remembers the basics.
    It's all basics....I just made that speech to my high school soccer team. A few of them were "bored" from working on the basics...

Post Likes
    Once the basics become 2nd nature there is no more need for drilling. Until then, nagging is necessary.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in