+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ax AuditHistory question

Post Likes

Ax AuditHistory question

Hello,

I'm essentially looking for a BQL of timestamp, user, target, and action from the AuditHistory for a simple reportPx view of who, what, when, and how. Also, I'm using action buttons on another px page to initiate the events I'm attempting to log. I'm just now really getting into the syntax and rules for all that is required to manipulate a BQL query, so I'm mainly relying on the BQL query builder to produce the query.

My main question is why does the AuditHistory itself return an actual username for a "login/logout" or "changed" event, but it's only returning "admin" for something like an "invoked" action? I read something on niagara central about needing to fill in the "full name" of the user account, which I did on a test user account, but it didn't seem to have any effect. I'm using an Fx supervisor at 3.6 build.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Here is an example case,
    history:/demo/AuditHistory?period=lastMonth|bql:select
    timestamp as 'Timestamp',value as 'Override Value',userName
    as 'User Name' where operation like 'Invoked' and target like
    '/Schedule/Suite100AfterHours'

If you have access to Niagara Central see this link;
    https://www.niagara-central.com/ord?...tsUsingBQL.pdf

Do your other users have invoke privleges?
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    There are a couple of users with admin invoke, and the rest have operator invoke...however, the categories are keeping the operators on one single px view. In that view they have some action buttons that give them what they need to invoke action on.

The thing I find odd is that when these operator level users sign into the station their username is logged as their individual display name, but whenever they invoke any actions on the px page their name is logged as admin... This is all occurring in the default collection on the audit history.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in