Confused Condensing Unit HP vs. Compressor HP?

I have a what I guess is a rookie question.

I'm replacing a condensing unit and as I was matching model#'s

So I notice on the condensing unit name plate on a AJA2429ZXAXB see below link

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/store...ep?pID=B92-818

The Condensing unit hp states 3/4 but the compressor model number on this unit AJA2425ZXA is only 1/2hp. 2500 btu

So when I'm matching a unit for a load calc. I'm confused as to what BTU rating to use. 2900btu (condensing name plate) or 2500BTU (compressor name plate).

thanks

The compressor capacity will vary with the conditions. To see why there is a disparity between the compressor capacity and condensing unit capacity, look at the conditions under which the rating was made.

well there is the diff. at evap temp. but why would a 3/4 hp unit have a 1/2 compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Laurence View Post
    I have a what I guess is a rookie question.

I'm replacing a condensing unit and as I was matching model#'s

So I notice on the condensing unit name plate on a AJA2429ZXAXB see below link

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/store...ep?pID=B92-818

The Condensing unit hp states 3/4 but the compressor model number on this unit AJA2425ZXA is only 1/2hp. 2500 btu

So when I'm matching a unit for a load calc. I'm confused as to what BTU rating to use. 2900btu (condensing name plate) or 2500BTU (compressor name plate).

thanks
    The capacity will change depending on the compressor , condenser coil match up...

Go with capacity of condenser in that respect. ( sizing )

Hope this helps
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!