Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 20 of 20
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
    Isn't part of the reason for rounding it out more is to spread out the stress so it withstands pressure better?
    so its not as restrictive yes

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    466
    I've had hairline cracks [factory] in fittings, 90's mostly, even had a hairline in a solid length of 7/8, not often but enough to make ya really wonder sometimes.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Skokie , IL near chicago
    Posts
    1,118
    sounds ta me like a stress fracture from repeated strain on the ell from the starting torque & vibe in the discharge line. any slight movement will do it if the comp'r hold down bolts have loosened.....a closeup pic would be nice.......Jack
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    sounds ta me like a stress fracture from repeated strain on the ell from the starting torque & vibe in the discharge line. any slight movement will do it if the comp'r hold down bolts have loosened.....a closeup pic would be nice.......Jack
    I think they have uploading of pics disabled on my account otherwise I would post a pic.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    I think they have uploading of pics disabled on my account otherwise I would post a pic.
    why would they have them disabled? what kind of pic did you upload to get it disabled?

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,422
    I've started to see a few of the newer fittings doing this garbage.....it makes you look bad when 2 years ago you change a compressor and then the fitting splits and dumps most of the charge.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    why would they have them disabled? what kind of pic did you upload to get it disabled?
    Sometimes if you can't dazzle em with brilliance you must baffle them with BS! Like when looking at a mess of wires and the only conclusion is it still doesn't work is how I feel when trying to upload a pic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event