+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finshed school looking for commercial work in MA

Post Likes

Finshed school looking for commercial work in MA

Hi Guys,
    Great website you have here (entertaining too).

Im looking to get in with a commercial company north of boston. I dont care about the money, I just want to get in with a commercial company where I can learn.

Ive been looking, just showing up and they (if they are hiring) want someone more experienced (makes sense).

If you know of ANY commercial companies that MAY be hiring and I could learn at please help me out.

If not any companies to look into.

Most of the places I go and workers I see have been really helpful. Im hopeing to get more information here (without having to wait for them at johnstone haha)

Tips suggestions (supply houses, people, whatever) much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anothernewguy View Post
    (without having to wait for them at johnstone haha)
    Donuts and coffee?
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -- Mark Twain

Post Likes
    I'm not sure of the spelling of the company but I was in Johnstone supply in Lowell last wednesday and friday and I overheard something like , " Allfra mechanical " needing people for light commercial work. Don't know where exactly they are. I believe Chelmsford and Waltham.

Post Likes

Talking

Whatever it takes haha. They are trying to keep me out, Im trying to get in. Game on haha. At this point shame doesnt even come into the equation. Kind of reminds me of finishing school, no money for gas (or anything else), just barely getting by working part time. Initially, I was embarrased about getting $6.75 in quarters for gas (from raiding the change can). By the time I finished (10 months) Id get $2.37 in pennys without batting an eye hahaha.

Post Likes
    "Trublshter

I'm not sure of the spelling of the company but I was in Johnstone supply in Lowell last wednesday and friday and I overheard something like , " Allfra mechanical " needing people for light commercial work. Don't know where exactly they are. I believe Chelmsford and Waltham "

Thanks man, That was quick. Your right they are in Chelmsford (off 110) Its Alpha mechanical (I heard they are a good company too). I was there last week, I gave the secratary my resume and she told me that they are looking for someone with a least 3 years experience. I think I call or just stop in again maybe in another week or two.

Know of any (hiring or not) good commercial companies in the area (north of boston) that I may want to check into ?

Thanks again

Post Likes
    Not any others I can think of. I would keep trying with them. I would think most of those companies that do residential and light commercial would have a spot for techs starting out their careers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublshter View Post
    Not any others I can think of. I would keep trying with them. I would think most of those companies that do residential and light commercial would have a spot for techs starting out their careers.
    can also check into ESI (environmental sytems inc) they grabbed up a guy i worked with a few yrs back, he was in a situation similar to you -- can also check tradewinds, altho they can be tough - they are out of nh so you have to go there weekly

are they hiring or how do they treat techs i dont know but they are up there

salutations to my pal truebullshi**er lol -- let me know when youll be in prov we'll do coffee

Post Likes
    Grab the phone book and make a list of companies/businesses that you would like to call on...start dialing. Its a good thing when you are able to move your pride aside and do what it takes to be gainfully employed. Your explanation of living off of change sure brings back memories....those were they days!

Post Likes
    Thanks again for all the tips. I landed an interview tomorrow with a great company (from all reports). Let the games begin hahaha. Take care God Bless.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anothernewguy View Post
    Thanks again for all the tips. I landed an interview tomorrow with a great company (from all reports). Let the games begin hahaha. Take care God Bless.
    How did the interview go? Did you land the job and bring home a truck?

Let us know how you made out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in