Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Novar

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    296

    Novar

    Does anyone have any literature on older novar controllers they'd recommend or care to pass on?

    Thanks....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,260
    Pretty hard to get novar stuff if you do not install and service the system.

    The older panels are VERY slow.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    Posts
    604
    The brand new panels also move at glacial speed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by mspanky View Post
    The brand new panels also move at glacial speed.

    The tech I talked to said that the latest generation is better.

    I have one site that was a Circuit City, and they have the oldest version savvy I've ever seen. Phone line and dial in modem, and it took almost 4 mins to be able to see any data at all.

    I'd say anything is a step up from there...
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    st.petersburg,fl
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Servicerunner View Post
    Does anyone have any literature on older novar controllers they'd recommend or care to pass on?

    Thanks....
    Man that takes me back, I have the old book at my office , sorry I can't help you out cause its a book and not PDF ,

    Is there any specific question we could help you out on ???
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    The tech I talked to said that the latest generation is better.

    I have one site that was a Circuit City, and they have the oldest version savvy I've ever seen. Phone line and dial in modem, and it took almost 4 mins to be able to see any data at all.

    I'd say anything is a step up from there...
    We have a new supermarket running Novar and with an internet connection the speed is this slow. HVAC control requires very little computer power.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by mspanky View Post
    We have a new supermarket running Novar and with an internet connection the speed is this slow. HVAC control requires very little computer power.

    Control, no.

    Communication and data transfer, yes.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    296
    Thanks for all the replies. No specific question, but they're at some of the stores I service and want to get a head start on learning them. Guess I'll just do more searches and read more on talk. Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event