Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney World

Disney World

Anyone work for Disney present or past?

If so what union is it?
    How is the pay, health insurance?
    How many hours do you work at the park?
    Do you move around all the Disney parks?
    Will they give me money to move down from ohio?

I am interested in possibly relocating. My brother moved down there last year to work for disney and loves it.

Thanks for the responses in advanced.

I always thought that would be an intersesting place to work for every sense I took a vacation there. I know there have been a few posts over the years asking the same question.

Im guessing they have a list a mile long of applications and Im guessing they pretty much can offer what they want. who knows, I could be wrong on that one tho.

Thinking of it, I really wasnt noticing any equipment in sight. Usally I notice that stuff so Im guessing its a lot of rooftops hidden on roofs behind streetfront signage or far enough back not to be seen.

Maybe someone has an idea on that ???

I had a uncle that worked for carrier and from what he's told me all the equipment is under ground. Hes said its like a under ground city.

I now at the Magic Kingdom everything is underground. My brother is a mechanical engineer there. I dont know if they use chillers and airhandlers our rtu's

My brother was told the hvac guys get payed around $22.xx. For me thats almost a $10 an hour decrease in pay. But i know you pay less taxes down there.

Most of the bldg's are chilled water, some get fed from a central energy plant. some of the bldg's have a standalone chiller plant. You will find York,carrier, Trane chillers on their site. They are union, best of my knowledge. they are on a different pay plan from service people in the field. They come from local 803 UA

It Isn't Really Underground........

Actually, the so-called underground facilities are constructed above normal grade and called the first level. What the public sees was built on top of that as the second level of the complex.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mike grabowski
    My brother moved down there last year to work for disney and loves it.
    Don't talk to your brother much?

Why don't you just ask him... Duh?

I talk to my brother about once a week.

He is a mechanical engineer for disney. He asked a few guys, they said they are in a union, but my brother didnt ask if it was the UA. Also he said they make about $22.xx an hour.( thats almost $10 an hour less than what i make now, and i dont get payed over scale eather.)

I guess Disney likes to hire us northern people, they think we are more motivated than southern people. I have never worked down south, its just what my brother was told.

thats no help

Quote Originally Posted by mike grabowski View Post
    I talk to my brother about once a week.

He is a mechanical engineer for disney. He asked a few guys, they said they are in a union, but my brother didnt ask if it was the UA. Also he said they make about $22.xx an hour.( thats almost $10 an hour less than what i make now, and i dont get payed over scale eather.)

I guess Disney likes to hire us northern people, they think we are more motivated than southern people. I have never worked down south, its just what my brother was told.
    the living expenses there are close to or as high as your paying now in ohio, just its in the summer under AC use and not heat use, the taxes are high, the land values are high any where close to Disney,, and the toll roads hit you every trip to disney, so if the pay is really that low , then it may be a step back for you, not trying to be negative but informative
    If you cant cool it
    HEAT THE Hello out of it

Us "southern folks" are motivated to work for private mehanical contractors where we can make better money, better working conditions, and don't have to put up with Disney Imagineering. (True Name).

Their HVAC folks are part of the UA Local 803 but are not Building Trade Journeymen. Not sure what their classification is but their apprenticeship focus is on reach-in freezers and kitchen equipment. There are some good mechanical people at Disney, but they usually sub-contract all work of any size.

Disney

Don't know anything bout Disney, but I do know the cost of living is extremely high! I live in Kansas and make over a hundred grand. Would I move to California to make 80-120? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well! Are there hot chicks there with bib B@@bs?
    Maybe I would.

Frank
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by esornivram View Post
    the living expenses there are close to or as high as your paying now in ohio, just its in the summer under AC use and not heat use, the taxes are high, the land values are high any where close to Disney,, and the toll roads hit you every trip to disney, so if the pay is really that low , then it may be a step back for you, not trying to be negative but informative

I dont think you are being negative at all. Thanks for your input.
    This was just an idea my wife and i have though about. The only way we could do it is to not have any kind of bills.

The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by smokies View Post
    Us "southern folks" are motivated to work for private mehanical contractors where we can make better money, better working conditions, and don't have to put up with Disney Imagineering. (True Name).

Their HVAC folks are part of the UA Local 803 but are not Building Trade Journeymen. Not sure what their classification is but their apprenticeship focus is on reach-in freezers and kitchen equipment. There are some good mechanical people at Disney, but they usually sub-contract all work of any size.

My brother is one of those Imagineers. Its funny how engineers think. Its like they never step foot outside. When they do they have to now the exact size of everything.

I hate working on freezers and such. Usually they are in a dirty area that you have to kneel in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast